Thread: +opk on day CD25 - preg ??

poppet Guest

Default +opk on day CD25 - preg ??

Got a strong + on my opk around 130 this arvo - cd 25. Im usually 28-30 day cycles........yes, i may be ovulating late, but i have that blah feeling too, which i dont normally get. Sense of smell over chrissi was heightened too - salmon smell yesterday truly made me feel like i was gng 2 chuck.

I opk in this cycle and got faint lines (which i know means a -ve) around 17 dec. What you think?

poppet Guest

anyone??? c'mon girls, help me out here.

Forgot to mention, i have a taste in my mouth.....thats like i havent brushed my teeth , but i have - twice already today....

Yep, it can mean you are pg Do you know if you have ovulated already? Why did you use an OPK? I think maybe you need to get a HPT and put yourself out of your misery.

Also there is a bit of a discussion on this topic in the HPT and OPK discussion thread

Tanya

Yeah i would just do a HPT there has a been a few girls in here that have been disapointed by opk's as pg tests.. Good luck though..

hi Poppet,

I got a +ve opk at 8dpo and a +ve hpt 10 dpo. Turned out to be right for me and was the same fpr some of the other ladies. BUT... it has gone the other way as well. I agree with the others, just do a hpt to be sure.

Hope this helps.

poppet Guest

i have like 12 or so opk's in the house and no HPT . Thats the reason i tested.

So it COULD be a +ve pregnancy??? GOd, i hope so.

Poppet I think you need to use the OPK with fmu if you are going to use it as a hpt, I got +ve OPK's in the arvo after ovulation on cycles I wasn't pg as your body can still produce LH, either that or PIAC with fmu tomorrow and then duck out and buy a hpt and test asap. Good luck

poppet Guest

i did a opk this morn with FMU and a second line appeared......im at work at moment but tonight i will buy a HPT, which means i will have to wait till tomorrow morning - ahhhhh. Is my body playing really, really mean tricks on me???
    I have that butterfly feeling in my tummy - excitement. .........i hope im pregnant !

I think if you got a +ve with fmu on an OPK there is a pretty good chance that you could be pg although it is not a certainty. Good luck testing in the morning

clare076 Guest

Hi Poppet
    Its also possible to be pregnant and not get a positive OPK. I have been testing with OPKs for days and getting only a faint line, definate positives on HPT.
    Sounds very promising though.

Sharon - we are due on the same day! Congratulations

clare how cool, congrats to you too

edited to add that Clare is one of our top 2 names if we have a girl

poppet Guest

well i did a HPT yesterday arvo and it was BFN. I did another OPK this morn and faint line.

I really think now i ovulated late this cycle.(CD24). We bed CD22 and CD25 - do you still think im in with a chance? Clutching at straws here.....

clare076 Guest

Hi Poppet
    Sorry to hear of the BFN, but if you BD on CD22 and 25 and you ovulated on CD24 you are definately in with a good chance. With this pregnancy we BD on CD17, O'd CD20 and BD again on CD21. With my DS we only bd 5 days before o.

Goodluck

poppet Guest

Thanks Clare - heres hoping.

Congrats on your preg by the way. Sept is a lovely mth to have a baby. My first was born in Sept.......

Poppet, here's hoping you will still get that BFP this cycle. That fact that you did the HPT in the pm rather then with FMU might have had something to do with it. Also, how many dpo are you?

poppet Guest

i know, i thought of the FMU too. I have one HPT left, i know its going to be -ve, i guess thats why i didnt too a test this morning (did it yesterday about 530pm), a BFN is so disheartening.....

FF has me at 13 DPO.....im begining to think i only O'd on Wed though......