Thread: OPK help

Default OPK help

Ok, I'm wanting to start OPKing today, but whats the best way to do it. I know i should do it in the afternoon, but should i not drink water for a couple of hours before OPKing? What about not going to the loo? Should I hold on to that as well?

Bron81, I'm no expert I only used them 1 month but I got pg that month, what I did was use them twice a day morning and afternoon (around 2pm is the best). The idea of using them twice a day is while the surge usually occurs in can occur anytime so testing twice you have more chance of catching it. Mind you I got a +ve in the arvo and not in the morning.

You are best not to drink for a couple of hours before testing. In terms of not going to the toilet I dont' know but I assume you are best to hold as well.

Good luck.

bridee,

Thanks for that. Bugger that i missed the 2pm today. I might stop drinking now and test when i get home tonight. For some strange reason I think I'm about to O, even though its very early for me.

So i guess I'll be OPKing at work tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks for you help!

OK, I've done my OPK and it has a faint second line. I know that means it -ve, but does that mean O is close? I have 3 things of Pre-seed and I am wondering if i should start using them or wait another day or so? Also, should we start BDing every day from now? Or does a faint 2nd line show up pretty often?

Thanks again

Hi there,

Don't use them early in the morning, they are meant to be used later on, so 2pm is great, then maybe 6pm. I only test when I get home from work at 5.30pm. Try to stop drinking for 2 hours before so that you get the best reading possible. A faint positive means O is on the way, so test more each day from the faint positive, so you don't miss it. Lots of women, including myself always miss the strong positive, but at least it is a guide for you. It is up to you whether you start BD now. After using the OPKs for a few months you will get to know your cycle, and if it is worth waiting a day. If it is really faint, like you have to move it around and convince yourself there is a line there. Maybe wait one more day. If it is half positive, so half as dark as the control line, I would say go for it.

Sorry I hope that helps a bit.

Good luck.