Thread: OPK help

Default OPK help

Hi all,

I'm in need of some help. At my FS appointment on friday the Dr said once I get a +ve OPK to BD for the next 3 days. She was very kind and gave me some OPKs, told me to do them first thing in the morning and sent me on my way. Soooo I've been OPKing since sunday morning with the OPK's she gave me and this afternoon i thought i'd try out a LC OPK since i have EWCM. Well its very nearly +ve. Line came up straight away and is as dark as the control line, but just not as thick (does that mean its still +ve?).

OK so my problem. Do we DTD tonight? or do i test in the morning with the OPK the Dr gave me? Also, i don't know what my chances are of getting some BD action in the morning, so that would mean after +ve OPK (assuming its +ve) that i'll get no BD action until tomorrow night!

I think i just answered my question. I think its BD tonight and tomorrow night! Woohoo for Oing early too because now we can DTD on our anniversary! yay!

If you have got this far, thanks for reading. PLEASE let me know what you think we should do!

Hi Bron... if i was you i would be BD'ing tonight and tomorrow .... i always got told to use OPK's in the afternoon as its more reliable (or something) ... i havent used LC OPK's tho.... i hope you catch that eggie

i'm not sure if i was much help lol so sorry

Hi Bron - I was also told to not use FMU as the LH takes 4 hours to show up in urine after FMU (might pay to double check this with your FS though). I've been told that the best time to test is 2pm after your urine has been in your bladder for at least 3 hours. I think that the OPK the FS gave you missed the LH surge however, because it takes 4 hours to show up, the LC OPK picked it up. If this theory is correct, you should test now with the OPK the FS gave you and you should also get a positive now (but not much later than 7pm).

Congratulations, it sounds like you O'd especially if it is as dark as the control line. I'd start BD'ing tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday night.

P.s. I think the LC OPK's are great.
    Last edited by Deltadawn; March 27th, 2007 at 06:18 PM.

Yeah i thought it was strange as well that she told me to us FMU, because i'd been doing OPKs in the afternoon previously. So i made sure to double check with her and she said to use it after not peeing for 4 hrs and that i'd be best to use FMU for it if i could.

So i've come up with a quick plan...not pee for 4 hrs tonight (1 hr down, 3 to go) and then do one of her OPK's tonight! lol Lets see what happens there! I think it should show up as +ve because i've been having O pain for the last 30mins and EWCM since this afternoon.

I think thats a good compromise, do you think?

Yay, sounds like a great plan!

Good luck with testing and have fun BD'ing!!!!!!

Bron, I have been a serial LC opk user for nearly 2 years now on and off!
    If it looks almost positve then you need to get jiggy with it! Tonight tomorrow night and an extra night for "insurance purposes"

I hope you catch that egg Bron - good luck!