Thread: OPK - Lines then no line? I'm confused

Default OPK - Lines then no line? I'm confused

Hi - Just after some advice as I think I missed the big O this month! LMP was 22.6.10, started using OPK last Friday and got a faint line, Saturday a darker line (but not as dark as the control line), Sunday a faint line, Monday very faint line and yesterday and today no line.... The cheapo tests said that the line had to be as dark or darker than the control line but it certainly wasn't. I'm confused now as to whether I missed O. We only DTD on Monday morning and last night. With my first son I would get a line, then sometimes no line the next day and then a positive the day after, hence why we held off DTD!

Do you think I have missed it?

Hi there. I am using cheapos and from experience the line doesnt have to be as dark as the control line. I double tested with a clearblue digital to confirm this so know to aim for a line which is fairly dark and not shadow in appearance. Sounds like yours was saturday. The cheap ones arent as good with their lines but they still work if you know what sort of line you are looking for. If it was fairly dark and not shadow then more than likely it was a positive. If I were you I would buy a decent brand one for next month to confirm it so you know for your own sake and then you will be able to use the cheapies without any probs.

Hope this helps!!
    Last edited by Mum22; July 8th, 2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: mistake

Sorry I meant your was positive on the day the line was fairly dark. Silly me

Thank you for your replies. So (and forgive the stupidness of this question), If I got a + on Saturday, does that mean I would have ovulated on Sunday/Monday? I know they say between 12 and 48 hours after positive test?

Yes, I reckon you would have gotten your O!!!
    The tests I have say 24 - 48 hours later so if you got a positive sat then Sunday to Monday would have been your day!! I am not really too sure how long an egg lasts but it must last for a little while say 12 hours or so I'd imagine then you have a really good shot this month!! My fingers are crossed for you!!!
    Last edited by Mum22; July 8th, 2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: spello