Thread: OPK - O? or not O? Opinions needed

Question OPK - O? or not O? Opinions needed

I am trying not to stress too much about this, but it's really annoying me now and I'm wondering if any experienced OPKers have any tips.

I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen this cycle - I had a d & c on the 16th March (3 1/2 weeks ago) and expect to O sometime soon, based on the advice they give that AF takes 4-6 weeks after the D & C. I usually have a 28-29 day cycle so started using OPK about 13 days after the D & C. Most have been variations of a negative, though a couple of lines were darker than others, they were lighter than the control line. I haven't used OPKs before, and the brand I am using is Confirm.

Yesterday the test line was light on one side and dark on the other. I had been having EWCM for 3-4 days up until today. CP was variable. Today's line was pretty faint. Do you think I've finally O'd? Or might I just have an annovulatory cycle this time? The D & C was for a fairly deep-seated missed miscarriage - no signs anything was wrong - so it might take my hormones a little while to get back up to speed.

I would really like to know, not only because of the ttc angle (dr says go for it) but also because I am not used to knowing what my body is doing.

Opinions, please...

Hi Sally, I don't really have any advice for you , but just wanted to check in and see how you're coping. Have you been using the opk's these past 2 days?

Hi JaZMum
    Thanks for checking in! I am doing fine - we are ttc for a couple of cycles. Although if my body doesn't get with the program soon, the window of opportunity will close! The first week after the d & C was not so great, but I am getting on with things (after all, I already have 2 beautiful kids). It was much better after I went back to work.

The OPKs are doing my head in - have been using them every day for 2 weeks. Never used them before this, and wish I hadn't started!

Give my regards to the others in the September thread!