Thread: opk question

mooshie Guest

Default opk question

okay i have a question and i apoligse in advance if it all seems gobbldy gook - so will try and explain it as best i can lol

i know that when you get a positive opk it is because you are having an lh surge indicating that ovulation would more than likely take place within the next 24-36 hrs however i want to know does it stay positive during the time the egg has been released i will just toss an example - which is just off the top of my head say

day 1 of testing - negative control line dark - test line there but only just
    day 2 - neg - test line nearly at the same as the control line
    day 3 - pos - both lines the same colour
    day 4 - pos - both lines the same colour
    day 5 - test line becoming fainter
    day 6 - test line fainter still

you get my drift on what day do you reckon the egg is released, do you get what i am saying i hope so lol.

i guess i am trying to ask that if the test comes up pos one day and neg the next does it mean you ovulated in between or that the surge has happened and it is possible you ovulation when the test is negative.

oh golly gosh i sure hope i did make sense with all that, its just been playing on my mind a bit lol

thanks to anyone game enough to answer the question lol

Hey Michelle,

I think I get what you are saying!!! I think from that example you gave O would have been sometime between day 4 & 5 of testing.. So you have got it right that opk predicts O to take place withn the next 24-36hrs, so the surge would be gone after testing day 4 so then the egg would be released...

Gee I hope that I am making sense! I havent really gotten enough experience on OPK but all I know is I got about 7 opks with no line on it what so ever and then 1 only +ve opk.. I didnt dare to test after that lol

mooshie Guest

thanks veronica

i used an opk yesterday and it looked positive, the test line was heaps darker than the control line, plus i had dull ache in one side and quite a bit of fertile cm. i did another opk today and the test was very feint but both lines were the same colour, so i am thinking i ovulated yesterday and the surge is now going - i guess we will see what happens in around 2wks time bugger that we didn't get a bd in yesterday (got one in this arvo tho lol), i am too scared to waste any more tests dunno whether to do one tomorrow or save them up for next cycle lol.

Michelle,

I would say you would have already O'd as well, especially if you got fertile cm and a dull ache on one side. Dont fret too much about not BD yesterday it is most likely the egg was released sometime today. Maybe if you can, get a few more bd sessions in.

And good luck in the TWW!

mooshie Guest

thanks veronica lets hope hey lol, dh is a shiftworker so does make it hard to get bd in, managed tho to get one in before he left for work and depending on what time he comes home tonight and if i am still awake will try some more lol

thanks again