Thread: OPk question about timing of testing

deedeeze Guest

Default OPk question about timing of testing

I have a question that I would love to have answered. I hope someone can help.

I usually do my OPKs at about 5pm during the day but on Friday I had a busy day and didn't do it until 9:30pm. Bascially, I went the toilet at about 1pm drank some water and then instead of doing the OPK when I got home were we in a rush and went straight out to dinner and movies. Anway, I ended up testing at 9:30pm with a dilute urine sample (due to a full bladder). I got a negative OPK but am wondering could this negative be a real negative? According to my two last cycles it should have been the day that I got a positive OPK.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramble

Hi Deanne,

You should hold your urine with nothing to eat or drink for at least 4 hours, but you know this already, so yeh i'd say that it could have been inconclusive. What have your other OPK's said...was there any second line at all, getting a bit darker each one.

Are you also temping or checking CM??

I suppose if all else fails, just BD anyway...can't hurt, right?
    Good luck

Hi Dee,
    Its so hard to maintain using OPKs i find, I was even finding with having more soups because of the cold weather my results were a little over the place & ended up giving up last cycle using them.
    If you should have got a + on the OPK then BD, then try again the next day seeing what happens with your results.
    Good Luck xoxo Summer

deedeeze Guest

Thanks ladies for your responses.

I am not doing temps but yesterday I had a lot of EWCM so I think ovulation was probably over the last few days.

I also got negative OPKs on Saturday and Sunday, so based on the EWCM I am assuming I Oed yesterday or today.

Thanks again

Go for it Deanne...Bd like crazy and fingers crossed you caught that eggie...

H Deez,
    Did you hold your urine from 1pm until 9.30pm?
    If so then if it was going to be positive it should have shown something.
    As you know it is really important to test at the same time each day if possible. I agree that is really hard sometimes, the things we do in order to catch that egg hey? I remember one time we were fridge shopping and it was 2pm so off I went to the Retravision staff loos and whipped out my cup and my stick. Lucky I did though because that was my positive day!!! :eek:

Any way that would have been a very concentrated sample of urine (if I have understood you correctly) so it should have shown a positive if you surged.

It is really normal to not ovulate on exactly the same cd each month so maybe today you will get a positive? It sounds by your mucous that you are fertile at the moment so as Shan said I would begin to bd just in case. Had you been testing prior to yesterday? I am just wondering if you could have surged a day earlier than your usual and missed it?

I will be interested to hear what you say.
    Good luck with catching that egg. I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Big hugs