Thread: opk question - what do you think

mooshie Guest

Default opk question - what do you think

looking for some answers here as it is only the 2nd time i have used opk's.

okay day 15 evening tested and came up with 2 lines but test line lighter so i took as negative

day 16 tested at midday and then around 8pm and both times came up 2 lines both as dark as each other so took as positive

day 17 tested 3 times lol morning noon and night all 3 times came up as 2 dark lines so again took as positive

day 18 last opk tested in morning and came up with 2 lines but the test line appeared lighter than the control line - however a few hours later the test line seemed to look a bit darker

so my question is two fold number 1: the opk on day 18 would you think that being a neg, is it posible for the test line to change colour after a few hours??

number 2 and most important i guess is based on these tests which day do you think it more likely that i ovulated, btw i had both watery and eggwhite on all of these days, ewcm mosting on days 16 and 17

thanks, i am getting so toey in the last few days of my tww

im not sure babe.

but relax!!!!!!!!!! how is a bubba gunna stick when you are so anxious?

go and do something special.. have a bath or have a pedicure!

you will find out soon enough and we all have our fingers crossed for you ! [-o<

my motto is - if you get any lines on an opk and your due to ovulate within 5 days either side then BD like crazy. Especially with the EWCM....you can't go wrong.

But yeah...Danni is right, you need to relax....to me your CD16 & 17 were the ones, so if you BD just before, on and just after these days you should be right.....

To answer your first question, I would say that your OPK on day 18 was -ve, but showed that end of the LH surge, that's why you still got the 2 lines. Test not valid after 10 mins so forget the line changing, I say.

No. 2 - You ovulated on day 18 or very soon after. That's my take on it anyway.

GOOD LUCK!!

Hi Mooshie,

I agree and empathise with the tww. It is a pretty intense time, but I think it must nearly be over for you. I only just saw your post.

Rule of thumb is to disregard any test after 10mins. I would say that your result on day 18 showed the end of the surge.

When did you ovulate? Mmmm that is a toughie. My ob says that it is usually the day/night of seeing the positive result. He maintains that by the time the LH surge is detected in urine (it of course takes time to be evident in urine) that ovulation is usually upon you. He says (and so do many of the ovulation test strip companies) that you should bd from the time you get your positive each day and then the day when you see only 1 line again. I would say you ovulated on day 17. So today you would be 10 days post ovulation. But it is really anyones guess.

OPK's are really helpful at pinpointing your most likely time for conception. I hope you are successful this cycle, I have watched your journey and been barracking for you. If you are not successful this cycle just keep in mind that even when all the conditions are right sometimes the egg or the sperm weren't up to scratch but you will have a chance in another couple of weeks to try again with a new egg and new sperm.

I hope that soon you will have that BFP that you so deserve. Please keep us posted.

Hi to Bethany! I haven't been around much these past weeks. I hope things are going well and that you too have this month as your lucky month.

Love and hugs,
    Deb

Just an aside I am with you Shan.
    As soon as you see two lines DO THE DEED.
    Another thing that I used in my last two conceptions was PRESEED.
    I don't know if it helped but I did conceive both times I used it. I don't get much noticeable EWCM. However I never have got much and I have conceived 5 times without Preseed so not sure. I think using OPK's you really get to know your body and what it is doing.

I wish us all heaps of luck and let's hope we all have pregnancy announcements soon.

Love and baby blessings,
    Deb

mooshie Guest

thanks for the replies girls much appreciated.

i had a "feeling" i ovulated on day 17 but ff insists it was day 19 lol - i seem to find lately that i take everything as ff says as gospel

anyway i am on day 27 today but due to the late ovulation i am thinking af won't be really due for another 3 days or so, i am so thinking af will arrive keep going to the loo checking, no tests are in the house so just have to hold myself back from buying one tomorrow lol.

i really don't have any "preg" symptoms but who knows with our bodies some times they can just spring surprises upon us.

i guess i don't have really much longer to wait.

will keep you posted.