Thread: OPK - Should I take it as a positive?

Aussie_Chik Guest

Default OPK - Should I take it as a positive?

I have been charting my CM using the Billings Ovulation Method and now am also using the ovunow tests. A few days before I suspected I would ovulate the tests just came up with the control line. Then the next day i got a feint line in the test line and the following day and darker line still, but if I'm honest with myself not as dark as the control line (close though). The day after that a feint line again. The previous cycle I used Fortel and got a really strong positive.

My question is can I assume the line on the darkest day was a positive? It seems to coincide with my CM charting. We BD'd anyway but if we do conceive or even if we don't I want to be sure of what might have happened.

Thx

usually most of the instructions say if it's darker or close in colour to the test line then it's a positive, so i would take it as a positive. Also your urine may have been diluted and thats why it wasn't as dark as the control line.

to be honest, i have never really gotten a darker line than the control line but its been close! i have taken that as ovulation each time and i have been right, good luck!

Ditto what Danni said. It also may have been that when you got your darker line that you would have got a true +ive if you had tested again later on that day for it to have been lighter the next test....so yeah, take it as a positive and good luck...hope you caught that eggie...

Hi I agree with Shan. You may have got a darker line had you tested again 4-6 hours later. OPK's can be a bit tricky for some of us to get a positive on. I would feel confident in saying that your surge was detected and usually you will ovulate within 12-48 hours after detecting it.
    I say bd away for the next few days.
    We will all be crossing our fingers for you!
    Big Hugs,

Aussie_Chik Guest

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Been Bd'ing for the past 3 days, will play it safe with once more tonight. Fingers crossed this is our month!

Good luck, I hope you get a BFP this cycle.