Thread: OPK - who's used them and do they work?

Default OPK - who's used them and do they work?

Hey all,
    I have just bought some ovualtion predictor kits (OPK) via ebay. Was wondering if anyone has used them and did they work? Also, can you use them to avoid pregnancy along with CM observations? (says not on the pack but just wondering what others think) ie. how soon BEFORE ovulation do they detect?
    TIA
    Beth

Hi Bethany, I used OPKs when I was TTCing and yes they did work, as in I got a + when I was about to ovulate. I think if you get a + opk you will ovulate within 24-48 hours.

I am not sure whter it would be a good idea to use a contaceptive/avoid pregnancy.

Hi Beth,

When we were TTC I used the OPKs from the place listed in the BellyBelly Directory. They always worked well for me.

I would be a little wary of using them to try and avoid a pg though. I guess if you combined it with other things like CM & CP observations, temps etc then maybe...

Hi

I use opks form ebay and they have helped me heaps, especially this month as I O'd really late. I am definately going to continue using them and hope that they help me get a very soon!

Goodluck to you

love elissa
    :smt057 Me21 DH28
    4/9/02

i used them this month but didn't use them at the right time - i will wait a bit later in the month next month - if AF ever arrives...

Hi - I bought some from this site last year and only ever used one, so I have nine left if someone here wants them. My cycles were too unpredictable, I could have used all ten in one month !

Barb.

I used them the moth that we concieved, but got neg's, i think that I o'd early...

I don't think that they are 100% safe for contreception. You can however see a family planning centre for more info on natural contreceptives!

HTH

We had been TTC for a few months without success and the first month I used the OPK BINGO! we got Jacob.

Can you get a evaporative line on an OPK - ie: a faint line that shows up after the suggested time?

Posibly - the OPK's i used are meant to have two lines - the second one is darker if O - if there was only one line then it would be a dud test....

I too used them (started at day 6 - just in case I Oed early) and continued through to like day 17 when I got a +. Took three packets and they're not cheap but it was our first cycle out of 5 that we used OPKs and I got a BFP that month. Helped me to understand that as my cycle is 3-4 days longer than the 'usual' that I actually O about day 18/19.

I highly recommend them, but likely because I finally knew when I was going to O and that I got a BFP that month too.

Hey Apple,

I reckon you could probably get a 2nd line on an OPK, like an evap. line, if you left it long enough. It wouldn't mean anything though I don't think. For accurate results you'd need to check it within the time frame they give you on the instructions.

Good luck!

I've been using Ovunow OPK's from Ebay, & they work great, were recommended by a friend (but not their Pregnow HPT's). I wouldn't rely on them for contraception though.

I was able to see the line get slightly darker, then as dark as or darker than the control line (which means ovulation), then fade away again, so it gave me a bit of warning too.