Thread: Opk's

Default Opk's

Hi ladies. Ive just started using first response opk's and so far have had the control line come up. Yesterday and today there was a faint test line as well. Not as dark as the control but still a second line. Does this mean I'm getting closer to ovulation or does it mean nothing? How dark does the second line get???

This is what I've wondered myself. I started using them this cycle (5th cycle) and they did get darker each time I did them.....I stopped once the 2nd line got almost as dark as the control line and my temp had showed the drop on FF so it coincided. I believe some ppl never get really dark 2nd lines other people do.....? thats what I've heard.

Good luck! Using OPK's is such a PITA I reckon!!!! I forget to use them.

Tara,
    What time of the day are you testing? Best not to test with FMU, wait until after 10am.
    For a visual comparison check out the website peeonastick.
    All the best

I've been testing with fmu cause I guess I assumed that would be best

Hmmm, will try another one later on today

Thanks CBG

No worries.
    I used to use lullaby conceptions OPKs. The directions also noted being consistent with the time you test. I used to test after I got home from work (so just after 5pm). Once you've had a positive there is usually 24-48 time frame in which you'll O.
    As mentioned previously (sorry can't see who posted on my phone) if temping and OPK'ing you'll get a better idea of Ovulation and over time (hopefully) see a consistent pattern.

Agree also read you get a surge after the morning so better to test in the afternoon or evening.

Hope you get a BFP soon

I use Lullaby conception OPK's too and they say best time is 2pm but anytime between 10am-10pm. I try and test around 2pm depending on when I'm home that day.

So did another test this afternoon and while I ha a faint line this morning had no second line this arvo hmmm very confusing

Default my ovulation kit results. advice please...

Hello. First cm appeared friday. Yesterday at about 6:30 pm(saturday) I tried an opk and it didn't show as positive. Today is sunday and at 8:30 am, it showed a great positive.
    I always have the cm on 'that' friday, then the ovulation pain on sunday... My question is this: on october 31, when I will ovulate once again, I will not be able to have intercourse with my dp, because he will be out of the country.... However, we will be together until the evening (8pm) before, october 30th.... Is that ok in terms of conception? And what does it mean that the LH line showed positive today, when for sure that major ovary pain from ovulation will happen today, 7 hours after the lh line showed? I'm concerned because we won't be together when the actual pain happens... Plus, I tested early today and they say it usually doesn't show iin the early am but for me it was almost instant! Thanks.

Me again. Same topic. My opk was positive this morning(moday) and we dtd yesterday afternoon. When exactly is the egg released?? After the surge? After day 2 of the surge?? He went out of town last night. Do i have to hope theyre good swimmers and full of energy amd that they will reach my egg?? Is there any hope? Thanks all and good luck to every one.

Hi Sadie,
    I'm not sure if I can answer your question, but if your hubby has a normal healthy sperm count, sperm can live up to 5 days after intercourse. So if you BD even 3 or 4 or 5 days before ovulation, you can still get pg. I didn't use the OPK that show up a line, I used the ones that simply show a happy face just before you're going to ovulate, so they are very accurate and you can't miss O time (they are expensive unfortunately). GL to you!
    B.

Thanks miss b! I used that one, clearblue easy digital. It showed a happy face this morning. I tested yesterday too, but didnt wait for 4 hours yo do the test. I hope they make a connection up there! This is so annoying.

I hope so too! You can't do more than BD around O time, so if you stick to that you have the best chance. I know it's really annoying when you do everything right and still nothing, but hang in there and a little surprise might be on the way for you soon!!

Thanks. We were able to all weekend, but he left town last night. . We shall see. Should i test again tmrw? Today was the smiley face and on sunday i didnt wait long enough to test for a four hr urine so it showed nothing. If i test tmrw and there is no smiley, then perhaps sunday was one of the two super fertile days!?!? Now i have to wait 2 weeks.

No need to test anymore hun, you've got your smiley face now! O occurs 24-48 hours later I think......try and BD every second day if you can as the swimmers need to get their energy up and also new ones get made and come into play. You'll need to test in 2 weeks time especially when AF doesn't show. FX for you hun!!!!!!!