Thread: OPK'S: How many times/best time of Day???

Red face OPK'S: How many times/best time of Day???

I know this has probably been asked a lot, but could some of you please help me out. I have been using the Digital Clearblue OPK and have not yet had a positive. I think I am due to ovulate tomorrow and thought I would have a surge today but no luck yet. I have had EWCM, not huge amounts but some. Am starting getting worried that I might miss my opportunity and was wondering what is the best time of day to do the OPK and how many times a day should I do it? HELP!!! Really don't want to miss this months egg!!

hi there

i think i have read about 2pm in the afternoon in the best time. i personally didnt get my surge till 10pm the cycle i fell pregnant.

i would test around lunchtime and then again in the late evening because a surge can come and go quickly and you could miss it if you are only testing once a day.

there is a good brand of opks - lullaby conceptions. available from the website of the same name. cheap and easy to use. it means you dont spend as much if you are testing a lot. sometimes i was testing 3 times a day to make sure.

they also have really good cheap hpts.

best wishes.

ps if you are unsure just DTD anyway until you think you have ovulated.

good luck

Thanks Beccas,

Think I might have to invest in some of the cheaper OPK's as the others cost too much to be testing the amount of times I am testing LOL!! Will probably do as you say, much to DH's delight, and BD lots until I am sure the big O has happened.

xxx

Heidi and I have never used OPK's, but we were using a software program called ovulation calendar. We first used it to help not get PG then we used to get PG. Based on Heidi's schedule, we the software program would tell us when we should try (about the week leading to Ovulation). We would BD fairly often during that week, but would make sure we BD'ed the day before, day of and day after ovulation. Worked for us. So I would agree with Beccas and if you know when your O should be then go have some fun and see what happens.