Thread: OPKs - how to use?

Default OPKs - how to use?

I am thinking of getting an OPK kit tonight to test for Ovulation.
    Can someone please give me a run down of how to use them and how many is in a packet etc. I think I saw the fortel one at the supermarket.

Janie Guest

Mmmm I'm learning but here is the deal.

The ones at the supermarket cost about $15-$20 and have 5 in them. I bought mine from e-bay for $15 for 20 (bargain).

You need to test between 2pm and 10pm so I just do it as the first pee when I get home. You can't drink for 2 hours leading up to this (which is really hard for me). I guess this is so it is stronger. When you get a faint positive they recommend you continue testing every couple of hours until you get a positive.

Once you get a postive it means you will ovulate in the next 24 hours so basically you can time your BDing between the positive and at most 48 hours after.

Good luck (this is my first month but I can let you know how it all goes).

Oh sounds like fun.
    Thanks Jane. I hope it works for you!! And me!

These are how the Fortel brand work

There is 5 in a packet you can test between 10am and 8pm each day (i used to do mine around 3) and you only use 1 a day, but once you pick a time to use them then you continue to use them at the same time each day. if there is only 1 line on the test it is a negative. If there is a faint 2nd lind it is a negative. If you get a 2nd line that is the same as or stronger than the control line, that is your positive and they recommend to start DTD within 24-48 hrs. When I got a positive I would DTD that night and again the next.

Love

Good luck, I hope you catch that egg and get a BFP in a couple of weeks.

I got the Fortel ones \/ I'll use my first one tomorrow, even though I'd love to start today I don't want to waste them.

I'm excited!! \/ (I'm pathetic ](*,) )

mooshie Guest

dgirl

i was so like you when i started on the opk's this month lol. i also got the fortel ones and i started on cd11, tested around 6pm each day on days 11,12 and 13 i got 2 lines but the test line was feint, on day 14 i tested at 2pm and it was really dark so i was so excited i tested again at 8pm that night and still quite dark. was kicking myself tho cause i had no more tests left and i really wanted to do another on day 15 lol.

hope they work for you and you catch the eggie - good luck.

It's strange huh!

Well I just tested too late. FF said to test on CD17 but I O'd on CD17 so I missed the surge the day before. I should have just tested when I saw my EWCM. Doh!