Thread: OPK's as HPT's

Default OPK's as HPT's

Hi Girls

I am 12dpo and this morning I tested using a OPK. I did this last month around this time and didn't even get a line.

This morning I got a almost postitive. Has anyone else been using OPK's near testing time had a negative result and then one month get a + OPK and then get a + HPT???

Thanks

Jade

oooh Jade can't help you there - would not have thought it possible as the LH i thought should fade away after the peak never to return (to higher levels) if you get PG - don't know lovey - seems a bit odd that one though hope it does mean a good thing though...

Jade just had a perve at your chart - looking great !!!! [-o< for you for this month!!!

Goodluck for this month Jade!

Never heard of that Jade, but I'm sure someone round here would've.

Jade, I really don't want to frighten you, but I have heard that if OPK's continues to show a strong + line, it can sometimes be an indication of an ectopic pregnancy. (A friend of mine had two ectopics and she told me this, so I am not totally sure of the details).

So, I will keep my fingers crossed that you have a real BFP, adn of course no ectopic. But maybe do a normal HPT as well, and then see your Dr for bloods?

(I hope I haven't freaked you out.)

I didn't get to use a OPK with a + result, but it does seem a bit strange... Wht where you doing one anyway?

You know what I have one last OPK at home, and am just PG so I will use the test tonight and let you know tomorrow.

I am relly loving the experiments aren't I.

Good Luck, I will let you know what my OPK says tonight... you never know, LH could stay around for a while!

Thanks Girls

There are some posts on FF that talk about this and there is also a website.....I have pasted a bit from the website.

Now lets get into a simple make up of HCG. The 2 unique beta chains are only part of it's make up. HCG is also made up of 2 alpha chains. Okay so you know that beta is a big part in predicting weather or not you are pregnant, so what do the alpha chains do? They are also a predictor of pregnancy. What happens is when you conceive the alpha chains are being made along with the beta chains but the alpha chains are easier to detect in the early part of pregnancy. As the pregnancy progresses the beta chains will become stronger. So why bring up the alpha chains if HPT's detect mostly the beta chains of HCG? Because alpha and beta chains are also present in your LH. That's right, in fact the 2 alpha chains in LH are the exact same 2 alpha chains present in HCG. The OPK's detect those alpha chains.

So in conclusion most individuals will get a positive OPK before a positive HPT. It is easer to detect the alpha chain than it is the beta chain.

So I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

Mel - That would be fantastic!!!! Thanks O

Jade

Oh wow - cool Jade - good luck for you HPT then!!!

Hey Mel

How did your experiment go with the OPK?

Jade

Sorry Jade I wasn't at work yesterday and I dont have a PC at home.

Sorry, I didn't get a + so, maybe it means that you have o'd twice in one cycle... BD like there's no tomorrow and see what happens...

Good Luck