Thread: OPKs - quick question.

Default OPKs - quick question.

Hi
    My last cycle was 86 days and through temping I apparently did not ovulate - I am using OPKs this cycle and started on CD14 with no second line at all - then on CD20 I got very very faint second lines (3 times throughout the day). Then today CD21 have very very faint second lines too - could I be getting excited over nothing or is this what I should be seeing on a lead up to Ovulation?

Thanks.

Do the lines seem to be getting darker at all? Are you getting any other signs of O? I usually get extremely faint lines (barely there) on OPKs all throughout my cycle but in the days leading up to O they gradually get darker. I hope you've got a good supply of OPKs though if your last cycle was 86 days! Having longer cycles is a PITA when you're trying to pinpoint ovulation isn't it!

Good luck!

Hi Angel
    Fortunately I bought 100 OPKs from off the web - I have not noticed them getting darker but it has only been two days and very very faint and very faint are difficult to see the difference IYKWIM.

I also have EWCM at the moment so am taking that as a good indicator. I was concerned as my cycle last time showed a couple of patches of EWCM but no temp shift - hence no ovulation.

Anyway I will keep monitoring those lines and hope they get darker.
    Thanks again.

Hi Angel,

unfortunately the only way to tell is by keep on testing. As your approaching ovualtion you'd hope to get EWCM that is clear and really stretchy...eg put some between your fingers and it should stretch 5-10cm.

I experience something similar a while back and according to my OBGYN, the patches of EWCM may be that your body is trying to ovulation (gears up) but it doesn't happen either because there is not egg available or it is not mature enough.

I hope though you are about to release an egg so you don't have to wait soooo darn long - its a killer isn't it! (when i conceived my son it was day 53 of my cycle).

Good luck

Thanks Jodie - I think I am going through what your OBGYN describes as last cycle I had about 3 patches of EWCM and my temps showed no ovulation. I think it may be happening again this time - but I will continue with the OPKs. The line was darker this evening but still no where near the control line.

I will keep testing - got about 90 more OPKs to use so my long cycles are not a problem in that sense. Nice to know I could still conceive even with long cycles.

Thanks again.

Tess Until last cycle i had never got lines even close to the control line on those OPKS. I only got faint ones but they matched the EWCM. So 2 days- one being on the day that i got the darkest one ever.... i also used another more costly one to double check what what happening.

Thanks summer - I have had two days of very faint lines and then today of slightly darker ones so i might assume that today is a positive. Guess I will just keep on BDing just in case and hope for a temp change.

Thanks again.