Thread: Ov kits or maybe baby kits?

Default Ov kits or maybe baby kits?

I used a ovaluation kit 2 months ago and kept getting faint lines for 5 days then ran out a tests we had decided to have sex after 2nd faint line in 2 days and continued for the week but we didn't get pregnant. How has anyone found the maybe baby kits i'm hoping it is easier to understand and do?

Last edited by janeo; September 26th, 2006 at 10:12 PM. Reason: missed a word

Hi Janeo,

I used both OPKs and MB. MB is good, but I personally wouldn't use it on it's own. I think OPKs are great, but they are an expensive option. You could try the ones from Lullaby Conceptions (online store). I've used them, they're great, and so much cheaper than the ones in the shops. I have friends who swear by MB, but I found OPKs to be more accurate.

BTW, are you charting your cycle? That is by far the best way to know when you've Od. If you do that in conjunction with OPKs you'll be laughing! If you haven't charted before, have a look at Fertility Friend online, you can chart on there, and you'll learn alot.

HTHs! Sing out if you have any more questions, and most of all, have fun! GL

Sez

Thanks for your reply, i have been thinking about charting my cycle but it is all so cinfusing but thanks for the link. I'm so confused with all the shorten words but i am getting the picture the more i read. So when you charted did you check your temp and mucus? My cycle is MAD. March, April and May right on the date next month 10 days late, next 7 days, august 11 days and this month to the date exactly so confusing and frustrating as i have a friend who did it once and fell pregnant and sister in law only took 2 goes, boo hoo but as happy for them...

Jane.....

Jane, when you chart you'll have a really good idea as to what is going on with your cycle. Sometimes it'll throw something wacky at you, but for the most part you'll be really tuned in to your body. When charting it's really important to follow the guidelines. For example, you nedd to take your temp at the same time (or near enough to) each day, and you need to do it before getting up. In fact it's best to do it before you even really open your eyes, speak, move etc etc!!! You should also ideally do it after a minimum of three consecutive hours sleep. I found my chart much easier to read when I started using a BBT thermometer. These go to two decimal places, so are more accurate. I bought mine from Lullaby Conceptions (about $18), but you can buy them from some pharmacies too. It takes about a month to get into the swing of it, but before you know it, you'll be a pro! Please ask away if you have any questions as many of the girls on here temp.

If you want to know some more of the abbreviations there is a post in the Introduce Yourself thread that lists most of the ones we use on here.

BTW, anyone who gets pg first go is very lucky! Even if you plan it well, it's still down to luck! The average healthy, fertile, couple has a 25% chance of conceiving in the fertile window each cycle. So it could well take up to 4 cycles, or longer for you to conceive! Of course, if you know when your fertile window is occuring you are going to give yourself a better chance than if you don't know. That's why most of us chart, cos we're so impatient to get pg LOL! It worked for me..........

Best of luck, Sez xoxo