Thread: Is Ovulation necessary for AF?

Default Is Ovulation necessary for AF?

Hi there,
    It's been a while since I last visited belly belly.
    We've been TTC for 15months now and getting confused.
    Hubby has been tested & he's all good.
    My cycle has regulated & seems all good.
    I've tried First Response OPK's twice now and am not getting a +ve result.
    Just wondering is it possible to have a regular period without O ing? I was under the impression that the O triggered AF. :-k
    Reading over some other posts I see that OPK's don't work for everybody but just wanted to get clarification on the "O rules".
    Thanks!

Dragonfly

jbprincess Guest

Hi Dragonfly,

You can still get AF without O'ing - thats an "annovulatory" cycle...... which is what I think I'm having!! I don't know how common these are, or why they happen!! But I have had a couple of cycles now, where I haven't noticed any fertile CM - although I havent been temping or using OPK's, so I may still be O'ing

Hope that helps!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Dragonfly

Like jbprincess has said you definetely don't need to O to get AF.Infact it seems to be getting really common for women to have annovulatory cycles.Have you been detecting a lg surge at all on your opk's?Do any second lines appear?I never got an absolute positive when using opk's but they did detect surges(2 lines) and I just bd'd from when I saw the second line.....and it worked!hth

Yes I have had a very feint second line for the past 3 days. I was hoping it would become darker but no such luck yet. I very rarely see any CM so perhaps I am not O-ing?
    Thanks for your replies, nice to know I'm not alone.

Dragonfly

Hi Dragonfly,
    It is possible to ovulate and not detect ewcm also! Just to confuse things. Since having babies I do not notic ewcm. I don't get a positive opk but I do get pregnant!
    The opk thing is a bit of a mystery I think. Do you notice your second line getting darker? My advice is to test twice a day. 2pm and 8pm I noticed when I did this I got a dark line at 2pm (not positive but not feint) and at 8pm it was feint again. I bd that night and the next and viola!
    The only opk that I got a darkish result with - 2 shades lighter than positive was lullaby.
    Good luck Dragonfly
    love and blessings,
    Deb

Thanks Deb.
    Actually I have only tested once a day, first thing in the morning because the instructions suggested it. Next time I'll try your suggestion.
    My line was darker this morning than it was yesterday though still not a +ve result. We just BD to be sure anyway so fingers crossed!
    Thanks again

Dragonfly