Thread: ovulation and OPK question

12bliss Guest

Question ovulation and OPK question

Hi all, i started 50mg clomid (days 3-7) this cycle (first day of cycle 8/8/06) i thought i may have ovulated on CD10 (after doing some research on when i may ov on clomid) i have been doing the OPK and on that day the line was quite obvious though i dont think as dark as it should have been. First off i dont think i have ever ovulated on my own (i have PCOS) i started getting all these weird feelings over the last couploe of days, hot flashes, heart burn, dull headach etc, then yesterday CD15 i had dull pains in both of my ovaries, i did a few Ovulation predictor tests today and they were very dark but still not as dark as they should be i also still have a dull head ache AND today i had the stretchy EWCM (first time ever)!!.

Do you think i may have missed my surge because i didnt test yeterday when i had the initial pains, or do you think it may still be coming i dont have an average cycle length but recently i was about 35 days apart.

I am very confused please help

It is possible you missed the surge, but I would keep testing for the next day or so to be sure and of course bd like mad just in case. What brand of OPK are they? I think that some are automatically darker than others.

Up until this cycle I had never ever even SEEN a 2nd line on an OPK and this month I saw two. I tested every day from the start of my cycle and then when they started to get darker I tested 3 times (or 4 times) per day to be sure I'd catch the surge. AND DID!!!

Good luck.

Lisa

12bliss Guest

Thanks Lisa,

I tested again this morning and just a faintline... i think i may have either missed it or not have had high enough amount for the surge :S back to the drawing board i spose i will just look forward to next month.

thanks for your help

oh by the way does the surge still stay up when you are actually ovulating or is it just before it happens??
    Last edited by 12bliss; August 25th, 2006 at 11:32 AM.

NO NO NO!! Don't give up yet!! Keep testing.....this is why....

I was testing at 2pm and 8pm since the beginning of my cycle.
    On day 9, they started to get a little darker so on day 10 I started testing at 10am as well.

On day 11 I woke early (ie 6.30ish) and tested with FMU (a no-no really) and the line was light. At 10am I tested and saw my first ever positive and there was NO doubt it was positive...the test line was dark even before the pee hit the control line! At 2pm I tested again and it was medium. Same again at 8pm - medium.

Day 12 I tested again at 6.30ish and the line was light again. 10am it was another dark positive. 2pm back to medium. 8pm - medium.

Day 13 I went back to 2pm and 8pm and the lines were light again.
    Day 14 as for day 13.

The surge happens BEFORE you ovulate.

Lisa

Hi Bliss,
    The symptoms you describe are common symptoms on clomid - hot flushes and headaches in particular. Though some women get these also when as the hormonal changes that occur just prior to ovulation happen.

As Lisa says many women need to test regularly (every 5 hours or so) once they get a second line. However, my thought is if the line has gone back to a feint then probably the surge is coming down. Also, some women will get two days of a positive before the line returns to feint or not there. Other women will only get a few hours.
    I would say your surge was yesterday if that line was the darkest you saw. If you tested around 2pm using urine that you had held onto for a few hours and wher you kept your fluid intake to a minimum I would say that perhaps your surged earlier in the morning and may have received a positive then. Likewise if you tested in the morning perhaps your surge would have been detected in the afternoon. Do you follow?
    As a rule of thumb, start to make love from when you first see a prominent second line and keep going until there is no line and then a day for good measure!

If you surged yesterday, you are likely ovulating today so take to thee room!!! Usually (remember though nothing is really usual with our bodies as we are all a litle different!) ewcm stops abruptly once your fertile period is over. So if you still have ewcm then it is likely that you are still fertile. So keep getting jiggy with it!!!! I really don't think it's all over for you.

Lots of good luck to you and lots of vibes!