Thread: OVULATION TESTS!!

Default OVULATION TESTS!!

Hi everyone,

Im about to embark on my 6th month of trying for baby #2, i am charting but have also decided to give an ovulation kit a go, by my last 2 cycles i am ovulating late, how di i know whne to use the kit, i have not purchased one yet and im sure the instructions will tell me, but AF has been late the past 2 months and i was always a 27-28 day girl now im 33-36 days, i just don't want waste my money if they don't work or i don't use it correctly!!

Has anyone ever used them and had any success with them? and if so which brand would be the better choice out of confirm or fortel?

Shellstar76

Hi Shellstar,

I've got some ovulation tests from E-bay for a good price. Something like 20 ovulation tests and 5 pregnancy tests for around $15-$20. They were reccommended by girls on this site. The brand is called OVUNOW. All of the feedback on e-bay is very positive.

On the instructions they say to test for 5 days straight or until the LH surge has been detected. It says if you are unsure how long your cycles are to start testing 9 days after the first day of menstrual bleeding. However in your case, because you think you are ovulating late, it says on the chart to start testing on day 12 if you have a 33 day cycle length.

I hope that made sense and helped a bit. Can't say personally if they work well because we can't start trying for a baby until December, but a friend of mine used one the other night because she thought she might be ovulating and the test was positive.

Take care,
    Curious

I have also used the OVUNOW brand of OPK and has positives on them. I have read good feedback for their brand of OPK's but not so good for the HPT's. I have both but haven't had a problem so far.

*TamaraP* Guest

I would start doing OPK's around CD15. By the sounds of things you may be "O" around CD20. But that is just my guess.
    I also used the OPK's off the internet and had no major probs with them. The only thing I found they didn't give me a very strong line..but then again my pee isn't that strong either.

I have a 28-30 day cycle and started using the OPKs around CD12 through to a positive or to CD18. If your cycle is about 33-36 days you count back two weeks from the end of your cycle so around CD 19-22 would be about when you should O. So in that case maybe start testing CD16 or so.

I also used some I bought off ebay and they worked just fine - although often looks as though the line is not darker than the control line, but I found that to be a positive anyway. Just something to keep in mind.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I used ovulation strips which are just like pregnancy tests to use which i bought from an Australian ebay company called Fertility Naturopath. I found them really cheap to buy and they were spot on each time I used them. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. The company sends out easy to read instructions and you can buy them in bundles which include pregnancy tests so that you can test when ever you want.

Good Luck
    Sharon

Hi Shellstar76,

I'm TTC for baby #1 & I'm also charting & about to use an ovulation kit for the first time. Ditto, my last 2 cycles were 33 & 37 days and I too am normally 28 days. This month I wondering will I have a long cycle or go back to normal 28 day cycle. I'll most likely start using my 'o' kit around day 11 and go right thru to day 20 (37 day cycle). Basically cover my short and long cycles. Yes, I know its alot of testing but I've stocked up the kits as I knew this might happen to me. So as of next Tuesday let the testing begin.

My test kit says, if your cycle is:

27 days, start to test on day 10
    28 days, start to test on day 11
    29 days, start to test on day 12
    30 days, start to test on day 13
    31 days, start to test on day 14
    32 days, start to test on day 15
    33 days, start to test on day 16
    34 days, start to test on day 17
    35 days, start to test on day 18
    36 days, start to test on day 19
    37 days, start to test on day 20