Thread: Please help... I'm confused about OPK

Unhappy Please help... I'm confused about OPK

Hi ladies, I am working myself into a frenzy this month TTC, and have a probably silly question for you.

Can you get a +OPK after O?, See, I normally have a regular 28 day cycle, O normally on day 14. Well this month that was the 12 Feb, and onthat day I had some cramps, some EWCM, and a faint to mid +OPK. I thought I Od that day. Then last night, at 11:30, I noticed heaps more EWCM, so I did another test, and got a very strong +OPK. Does this mean I probably O today then?

I hope I od the other day, because DH isnt here, he's away for work, and last time we BDd was sat morning, too long ago if I O today....

I'm so confused, and feel like this shouldnt be this hard.

Thanks for your help

Kristabelle - sounds like you are O'ing now if the line is really dark. Normally with OPK's they say that the test line has to be darker than the control line for a true positive. I was seeing a naturopath when I got pg and she told me not to believe the traditional thinking that everyone O's mid cycle, so keep a closer eye on your symptoms and dont rely too much on dates IYKWIM? If your dp has good swimmers and they have a comfy place to sit and wait for the eggy, you just never know what might happen!

Wishing you all the best of luck,
    Lisa

LisaL- Thanks hun. I'm really hoping that I can catch that eggie.... if I do O today, does that mean that AF will arrive in 14 days? I read in a book that while the time before you O varies, that time from O to AF is ALWAYS 14 days. Do you know? Just wondering, so I can figure out when I start testing.

Hi Kristabelle - LP is not always 14days, your would have your own usual LP time frame which can be 10-16 days. If you know when you O to when AF comes then you can estimate based on that. Have you recorded any previous months to give you your LP length?

Hi S'rose - thanks for the info. Last month my LP was 14 days, hence why I thought this book must be right. Obviously not! Is the Lp likely to different month to month? Its so confusing! Thanks

You're welcome Kristabelle, its very confusing.
    LP can vary sometimes but most ppl I have spoken with have a constant LP.
    Hope this helps...