Thread: Please, Please anyone have any ideas?

Default Please, Please anyone have any ideas?

Hello,

I have been using a maybe baby this month more so out of curiosity. I had a full day of ferning about 1.5 weeks ago, which would also coincide with o'ing. I am due for af around today, give or take a couple of days. My bb's are aching (It feels like I am getting a let down) and for the past 3 days I have had long long ferns on my maybe baby. The ferns arent bold but they just go on forever. Do you think I may be pregnant? I took a test 2 days ago and it was negative, I am just so confused, I suppose I dont want to test again in case I become dissapointed (with a -). Thankyou all for your advice
    Tillie

zen2 Guest

Hi Tillie,
    For the cost of a stick test I would do another (but make sure it's the ultra accurate, first-day-of-missed-periods type and do it t'morrow morning). I got negative stick tests for the first month I was pregnant with my son. Otherwise see a doctor to get a blood test to know for sure. It'll at the very least put your mind at ease. I think any ferns suggests oestrogen...it's only pebbles otherwise. Sore, full boobies are a sure sign of pg or a period too I suppose (my first sign was always that). Better to be in the know than stressing or dissapointed. Good luck!
    Zena

Thank you for that, yes I do agree with doing another test, I think I will wait until wednesday when I know for sure that I am late. Just another really sill and probably obvious question but, Does oestrogen increase again leading up to the days of af arrival?

The ferning on your MB isn't telling you much. I remember getting ferning before AF when TTC Violet (2004). I was ttc for 2 cycles and both cycles (pregnant and nonpreg I had ferning leading up to when AF was due.
    Good luck
    Tanya

zen2 Guest

No it's not a silly question Tillie. I believe oestrogen increases by a massive amount during the pregnancy, so I would say that probably supports your theory but I'm not an expert. Every day that passes is a good sign!
    Zena

Thankyou Zen, Well another day has past and still no Af,but lots of ferning occuring on the maybe baby. I tested this morning but not first thing and still a big fat -. So I dont know, just got to wait and see I suppose

Everyone is differnet with ferning results. Some people get ferning all through their cycles.
    I wish you every luck with a good result this cycle.