Thread: Possible to always get faint lines on HPT but NOT be pregnant?

Default Possible to always get faint lines on HPT but NOT be pregnant?

So Ive been feeling very cranky and just pregnant-ish the last 24hrs or so but I would only be 6 or 7 dpo. I tested just to put my mind at ease and swear I can see a super duper faint line (wasnt FMU). I had this happen last month and 2 months before that and both times AF was late and then came heavy and hard.
    Just wondering if someone could always get a faint faint + on HPTs but not be pregnant? My son is 6mths old so it isnt hCG from previous pregnancy

Ta.

The only thing i can think of is a chemical pregnancy where the fertilised egg doesn't develop. 6 or 7 DPO is very early to test but I am really really hoping that this time AF stays well away from you though and that faint line just gets darker and darker. GOOD LUCK ANNA!!

I think it's best to wait to test until AF is overdue. This way you don't get your hopes up. I also suggest using the digital tests as they detect higher levels of HCG then you know you are pg - can only use these after AF is due though.

You might want to try a different brand too. I know that some HPTs have a higher rate of false +ves than others. Discover One-step is supposed to be most accurate. I had a very faint line with Assurance, but then a dark, definite line with Discover (but that was 12DPO).