Thread: Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you have missed your period???

Default Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you have missed your period???

Is it possible to get a BFN right up until you have missed your period???

Lind Guest

Hi Twomums,
    It depends on the individual, When I got my BFP I got it on the Sunday, I tested on the Thursday and the friday beforehand and got BFN.. I was due for AF on the Thursday (sadly it didn't stick) but yep... its definetly possible to have BFN before BFP

Hope that helps,
    Let me know how you get on!

I too got a bfn before I got my bfp, so fingers crossed it will happen for you.

In my case yes, with all three pg. With my last I was due for af on Sunday and di not get bfp until Friday week. With the first two pg it was in the following week afterwards also. Funny enough I had pg symp before the bfp. With #3 I had the symptoms one week after o and it just got stonger.
    hth

Thanks you guys, i feel alot more positive now than i did earlier, i guess i could go a week over due and still not get a BFP on a HPT...i could even get some spotting and still not know, so i guess i just wait until AF is due or overdue by a couple of days and test again...

So to ask another question, can you get a blood test at about 14dpo and get a positive result??

My doctor says that HPTs can bevery good at telling you you're pregnant but not very good at telling you you're not, if you know what I mean.

I received two negative HPTs (and I used the special early tester kind) and this was when my period was actually due. As I was on IVF, I was having a blood test anyway and this picked up the pregnancy. If you are in any doubt and your period is still absent, go the blood test.

I was 10WEEKS pg before I got a +ve HPT. BT at 3wks told me I was pg, and I just kept testing with HPT's so I could get one for my baby book....

I got a BFN when I was 1 day late, then about 10 days later I got a BFP. It's all possible

*Kristee* Guest

my best friend didn't get a +hpt till she was 10 weeks preg but bt showed earlier on the other scale i got a +hpt at 7dpo with dd so it does depend on the individual.

sorry to crash this thread what if you get a very very very faint BFP at 8dpo on both OPK and HPT and then every day after that BFN

What would you think after that also no sore bb or any other symptons!!! getting BT on Saturday and results Sunday

HI Lou,

I think maybe there was there was an embryo starting to implant but only in early stages so you got the very light bfp but maybe it didn't implant properly to make you actually preg so thats why you are not getting a bfn. Also the faint line may have been an evaporation line. Good Luck though hopefully you will come up pg!!!

sorry forgot to post got bt results and as i guessed bfn

me too lou, BFN!!