Thread: which pregnancy test the best?

Default which pregnancy test the best?

With all the choices of pregnancy test out there, what type do you think is the most accurate?

=D> \/

I don't know about most accurate (as I have never had a BFP), but in terms of most cost effective I have been getting OPKs and HPTs online from Lullaby Conceptions. There are a heap of different packages and while it may cost a little up front when you are using 2 -3 tests a week the savings add up.

Good luck

I would second Lullabuy conceptions. The woman who runs it is an absolute darling, very helpful. The tests are 20miu/ml. That is they detect a low amount of HCG and can often give you an accurate result before your period is due. Crystal Clear have the same stats but are hugely more expensive. Lullabuy will sell you 1 test for $2. You can buy packs that also include ovulation predictor strips as well. Have a look. If you would rather buy over the counter Crystal Clear is highly recommended.
    May you be granted a BFP very very soon.
    Lots of love and baby blessings,
    Deb

I always used Fortel Ultra. I have used Crystal Clear and precise but never got a BFP even when I was pg!!

Good luck.

the First response early detection one - is a good one...only got faint positives etc on crystal blue...

Thanks guys, I didn't realise people but HPT off the net, shows how much knowledge i lack, I just thought I'd go to the local chemist and but some if my period is late.

:-s

sorry guys, just saw my message & saw how I mispelt buy for but, I really must be tired this morning

jaggard Guest

I have found Fortel the most effective, the one that says you can test before AF is due.
    With both my pregnanies I have tested when AF was due or a day late with Crystal and Life Brand (from Chemist) and both times BPN, Fortel came up straight away and not on the 1st morning urine for me.

Interesting to read about the cheaper ones you can get on line. The amount of times I test to make sure I'm right maybe next time I should opt for those!

Definatley Pregnosis... not too expensive but very acurate. They are the only ones that tell you they detect 25mlu (or what ever it is) of the HCG in your urine...

Hi there,

i got my BFP on a Fortel Ultra and then my next one (a couple of days later) with Confirm.

I did another test yesterday (long story but im a bit silly) with a crystal clear and it took ages for the BFP to come up and it was pretty faint and im 8 weeks pregnant!!

Dee, that is really interesting that the Crystal Clear took ages to come up!

i know, it kind of worried me a bit cause the other tests that i did came up straight away, this one was really really faint for ages and even now its fading more and more.

I agree with mel09...i use Pregnosis as well.
    Fairly cheap,and has a couple of tests in one box(but i guess most of them have that?)and where you pee into a cup,or for just a little more can get the ones to pee on the stick.

Have worked for me for 1st pregnancy(miscarriage)and then for my now 2 1/2 year old daughter.

Will use again now that we are TTC #2

Good Luck!!!!!

:bdust: inkstick:

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Dee78-There is a point in your pregnancy, I think it might be after 4 months, that if you were to do a HPT it would come up negative. This is because the HCG levels are very stong in the beginning because that's when everything's happening and rapidly growing but the further you go along it starts to drop, that's probably why it took a long time to come up positive