Thread: Pregnancy Tests (Don't you hate them)

ann Guest

Default Pregnancy Tests (Don't you hate them)

Hi,
    I haven't been into Belly Belly for a while, as we were having a break from IVF for a few months, I am currently over due for AF, waiting for her to visit so we can start yet another IVF cycle.

I was due for AF last Thursday, not feeling like she was gong to visit I POAS, and yes there was a faint blue line (Precise), we couldn't believe it, after 4 years of TTC, 2 yrs IVF, we had done it. Not wanting to get to excited I POAS (Clear Blue) a few days later and nothing no line.

Today POAS (First Response) and straight away a faint pink line, so I went down to make an appointment with the Dr's (Can't get in until tomorrow) and after 45 mins the second line has dissapeared.

I rang the firsdt response help line and the woman said the test was inconclusive, and she would send me another one overnight.

My first test with Precise is still there, but now I am really unsure especially after the Clear Blue was a neg.
    I hope someone can shed a little light or hope for me.

Ann

Ann,

I have heard of getting these awful false positives before so I hope that doesn't happen to you. However, one test could simply be more sensitive than another so fingers crossed you really have conceived a little baby!!!!

livvy Guest

Hi Anne

Aren't HPT's frustrating!

I have had all the signs including what I though was an implantation bleed but all the tests are coming up negative .... the annoying thing is it seems to be fairly comon to get false results with urine tests.

I have everything crossed for you to get a +++ result. It sounds pretty hopeful

Best of luck.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Ann
    I heard that it's unusual to get false positive more likely false negative
    the 'reagent' line only reacts if you have HCG in system - but if you don't have enough - you can get negative POAS but positive on beta HCG -

Unless the line is greyish - it can be an evaporation line but if pink the signs look good !

A friend of mine recently got negative two days in a row but positive 3rd day and I told her to check the bin again - they negatives had turned faint positive.
    The day - before her beta of over 200 - her POAS was negative.

I know it is hard to be hopeful with LTTTC history and I don't like to give false hope but I have everything crossed for you.

Trish

"~♥~ DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks ~♥~"

ann Guest

Still have the +HPT test from last week (Precise), and the second blue line is still there, just waiting on Beta results

Ann

I hope they come back +++

I have read that if a + stays + for 48hrs, then it is a +.

Fingers crossed

Tanya

[-o< and hoping for you Ann

ann Guest

Thank you for all your hoping!
    The test came back BFN, I still have the original + test and that was taken over a week ago.

Silly Dr says that HPT are more sensitive than BT.
    Yes, think I might have to look for another Dr.

Dr wantsd me to have another BT in 2 weeks time, I think I might save my time.

Ann

So sorry Ann

Ann, I am in the same boat... although, my Dr says the blood tests are more precise - but for me to have had a positive urine test in the morning he's dumbfounded as to why I would have a negative blood test the same evening... 48 hours later the urine test is still positive... grrr!

I'm being sent for more blood tests on monday - I hope we can both find some answers to this mess!

BW

Kirsty77 Guest

Did you take the + hpt in to the doc with you BW?