Thread: question about ferning tests

julesy Guest

Default question about ferning tests

Hi all,

I have a maybe baby ferning test that I have been using. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used them, and also if anyone has received a partial fern about 2-3 days after AF? If so, does anyone know what this means? It disappeared (I had no fern yesterday), and know I'm a little confused. Do these fern tests really work?? Am I doing it right???

I am also tracking my temp, which hasn't had a shift yet, so I don't think it's anything to worry about, it's just that I'm beginning to wonder just how reliable the test is....

Thanks!

:-s

Hi Julesy

I too am wondering how well my ferning thingy works.

I had partial ferning on CD9, 10, 11, and 12 then nothing....today is CD17 and I had a temp drop today....but am wondering if I will bother 'ferning'

This probably doesnt answer your question really....but at least you are not alone

Hi Girls,

Check out the different discussions in here on the Maybe Baby topic (not sure if there are other devices which check for ferning). As you will read, some girls get ferning at various times of the cycle and not just at ovulation so I guess it can become confusing.

Prior to going on IVF, I was having artificial inseminations in a natural cycle. I only used the Maybe Baby in conjunction with an OPK just to ensure I didn't miss the LH surge and had all bases covered if you know what I mean.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mel