Thread: Question about OPK's

Melinda Guest

Default Question about OPK's

Just wondering...

If you get a positive OPK, do you need to BD right away, or just within 48 hours? I think I read on the instructions that it needs to be after 24 hours from getting the + OPK, but within 48 hours, is that right?

TIA!

when i got the positive I BD that night and again the next day. It was the first month i had got a positive and the same month we conceived

Love

Melinda Guest

I reckon I've got buckley's and none of getting a BD in tonight as well as tomorrow ROFL. We'd manage one or the other, but not both (all feeling a bit tired and cranky here ATM!). Was aiming for a BD tomorrow and then again 2 days later, on Sunday. But we could probably go for one today and then another on Saturday instead LOL.

Which would be better? LOL Any suggestions!?!? Gosh this all gets a bit clinical doesn't it!

Melinda Guest

Just wanted to add:

The plan was to DTD on days 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 to cover all bases. So if I get a + OPK on day 16 (today), does that work out alright? Or should we change it so it's days 11, 13, 15, 16 and 18?

Talk about clinical!! ROFL

i'd probably go tonight so you have some fresh stuff LMAO.

Love

mooshie Guest

oh melinda

i am right there with you lol. i am using opk's for the first time this month and i got the fortel ones cost $20 for 5 i was going to start using them from day 9 but dh is on afternoon/night shift so i am not going to use them until saturday being day 12 - so who knows, i think i usually ovulate around day 13, 14 ??? i didn't really want to test whilst dh is on nightshift cause i know if i had of seen the 2 lines i would be really ****ed that we got no bd in lol.

good luck for you and lets hope we are october buddies

Janie Guest

Melinda,

Not sure if this helps but Fertility Friend rates BD based on 3 days before, the day of ovulation and the day after. I don't think two days after is going to work (although you never know). If you have DTD the day before (mmm CD 15 from what you said), the day of (CD16) and the day after (CD17) you should be right.

This will also be my first month using OPK's but not starting until Sunday or Monday.

Good luck and I hope the finds the egg!

Kirsty77 Guest

I'd BD tonight as I got 2 lines and BD'ed only that night and got pregnant!

Melinda Guest

Thanks for that guys!