Thread: Question about OPK's and CM

Default Question about OPK's and CM

Hi all. This is going to be my fist month of TTC so I have stocked up on OPK's as I am not interested in charting and using FF. Can those who have used OPK's tell me if it is adequate to test once a day until a +ve is seen (ie. is once a day enough or can you miss it)?

Also, while I have your attention, it it possible to O without observing CM?

TIA

Hey Bethany,

Yep once a day is fine. Most people find that they get better results if they test in the afternoon too.

I guess it is possible to O without seeing fertile CM, especially if you don't usually get much CM or you only check externally. After you've been checking a while though you probably will be able to tell the difference in your CM though.

HTH.

Thanks angel. The afternoon suits to test as I don't really want to wee in a cup at work.....

jbprincess Guest

I was also wondering when is the best time to use OPK?? I work all day (9 - 5) and didn't really want to pee in a cup at work!!

Is it better to use one in the morning, or should I use it after work (about 6pm?)

Also, seeing as I am on CD9, when do you think I should start testing with OPK? My cycles are around 30 days (last one was 34 days, one before that was 30 days).....

Jbprincess, I reckon the afternoon (after work) would be best as that's when when the OPKs are most likely to pick up the LH surge. Maybe start testing around CD11/12. Once you are able to clearly identify some of your O signs you might be able to start testing a bit later but for now it'd probably be better to test earlier so that you don't miss O.

HTH!

I found testing at about 5:30 gave me the strongest results.

Good luck with it!