Thread: Should I go to the docs?

Default Should I go to the docs?

Hi everyone. Very new here so after some advice. My last period started 17 Mar so was due 14 Apr. Not 100% of date of ovulation but somewhere between 30th Mar - 1 Apr. AF has not arrived and boobs have been very sore for over a week. I've done a bunch of tests over the past week and for the past 3 days they've been faint positives. I mean FAINT - although my husband swears I'm not going crazy that he can see it at an arm's length. From reading all the posts I was assuming if I was pregnant the line would be getting darker but its not. I've mainly been using Confirm early preganancy test but tried a Clearblue digital this morning and it was a BFN. But a confirm tonight had that damn faint line again. What are your thoughts...?

Get a first response HPT. They are the best IMO.

Otherwise, just go and get a BT done. At least it will tell you either way

Goodluck!

Hi Samantha,

I am going through a similar thing at the moment. According to Maybe Baby I o on CD16 and I am now on CD30 so AF is due sometime in the next couple of days. My cycles range from 29-33 days.

Yesterday I tested using an oracle test (brought in bulk from the internet) and I had a shadow of a 2nd line so I tested again this morning and the 2nd line is still very faint but darker than yesterday. I had to wait longer than it said for the result too.

we both get our BFP's!

Good luck!

Go to a doctor & get a BT. It's the only way you'll know for sure what's going on.

My experience with very faint + HPTs with a - HPT in the middle of them was an early miscarriage at around 5 weeks.

Best of luck... I hope it's good news for you.

Peach Guest

Definatly go to the doctors and get a blood test, only way to know for sure .. First Response are great aswell they detected my BFP before any other brand did!

Default Blood test results in - BFP

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I got my bd results today and its a YES! Out of interest, HPT still only the faintest of pink lines.

Are you testing first thing in the morning, it's usually strongest then. I also had faint lines when I tested, but was definately preggers and all is good...

Congratulations and good luck!

Oh, that's fantastic news! You have all made me feel so much better. I can't get into my FS until Thursday but i tested again this morning and the line has gotten a little darker (still faint but you can clearly see it) so I am taking it as a good sign!

Congratulations Samantha