Thread: should i start on opks or wing it

orianna Guest

Default should i start on opks or wing it

This will be our first month TTC should i just try for a while ,or get a kit what did every one else do?

Hi Orianna,

As far as OPK are concerned, not everyone has had luck with them. Personally, I didnt want to waste my money when I can physically detect my ovulation. I listened to my body, watched cm, sore bb, abdominal cramps etc.

On the other hand, OPKs can help a great deal if you find it difficult knowing when you are ovulating.

Good luck and lots of

Orianna
    I'd wing it when you start unless you have a very irregular or long cycle. Not sure what you are doing timing wise - but friends of mine with no fertility problems just go like rabbits from the end of their AF for about two weeks. It worked for them almost straight away. Others say to BD every second day for the middle two weeks of your 28 day cycle.

If on the other hand you have irregular cycles - why not try temping. It teaches you heaps about what's happening.

Yeah I'd just wing it to start with & see what you want to do down the track if needs be....

As the girls said, if you have regular cycles then there might not be any need.
    Remeber taking your BBT (Basal Body Temperature) is one of the main things that can show that ovulation had occured, the clear temperature shift shows this.
    Opks can only predict when Ovulation may occur.

Good Luck and hope for a soon

Like the girls have said try temping and reading your physical signs first because not every woman (like me) ever gets two lines on an OPK. The cycle I fell pg I never got a postive.
    They are very good for some girls but for some they can cause alot of un-needed anxiety and stress.
    Good luck with TTC. It's a challenging journey but it is so rewarding.