Thread: Should I test?

Default Should I test?

Hi all,

I've been a bit of a lurker on this board for sometime so HELLO TO YOU ALL

So this is my situation at the moment, I was on the pill from the age of 15 to 25. Then I had an implanon rod inserted which was in place for about 10 months and removed in November 2008. Since then FH and I have not been using any contraception.

At the moment I am about 5 days late for AF (was due July 30th). According to mymonthlycycles.com I should have ovulated around July 16th.

Is it too early to test? And which home pregnancy tests would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice ladies.

Cat.

Hi there
    How long are your cycles? If you have a normalish cycle and are late for af I would definitely test now!
    There are plenty of good tests out there, clear blue or first response have always been good for me.
    Good luck!

My cycles are usually 30 days. I am on day 35 now.

then you should get a pretty accurate result

a HPT should work by now. good luck!

Im in the same boat- sort of. Ive been off pill for about 1 month.. today ill be 6 days late for AF.. went to doctors today- 4 HOUR WAIT to get in just for a blood test referal- such an exhausting day! feeling soo nautious, cant stomach much food- hate the smell mostly, BBs are sore.. I get the results in the morning so fingers crossed!! HPT came up neg yesterday but thinking a BT will be more accurate if v early on in preg? I sure hope and pray im preg otherwise something is seriously wrong with me!

Keep positive- I hope we both have teeny tiny buns in the oven

x

Well I tested yesterday afternoon at about 3:30pm and got a BFN :-( So waited until this morning to test again with FMU and still got a BFN!!

Still NO sign of AF though so I don't know what to do now. Do I wait a few days to see what happens and test again or should I just book in to see a doc on Saturday - their testing is more accurate I assume especially a BT?

It probably wouldnt hurt to see your GP. is it possible that maybe you ovulated later than you think? cause that could delay AF or a BFP itms.

the POAS test that they do at the GP is basically the same, so if you want to get a clearer picture of what is happening ask for a BT.

HTH and goodluck!

Thanks for all your comments ladies. I tested again yesterday using FR and got a BFN. Today AF showed up Had a huge cry with FH last night so was feeling okay with it all by today when AF finally showed. Oh well ..... back to the drawing board so to speak.

big big hugs sweetie

it's always better when we can get a cuddle from DH xx

Default Should I test?

sorry it wasn't your month xxx