Thread: So confused when would you start counting?

Default So confused when would you start counting?

Ok girls I need all your infinite wisdom and opinions & suggestions welcome too!

I was due for AF to arrive on the 1st December. Nothing happened until the evening of 10th of December, (so I was 9 days late) I seriously just had a spot of blood on my underwear and nothing when I wiped myself (sorry if TMI ) But nothing else that night ?? The next day ( the 11th) I had brownish color on the toilet paper when I wiped but nothing actually....erm.....leaking??
    So today at about 11.30am I felt like my v-jay jay was going to fall out of me and I could actually feel the flow. I went to the ladies and sure enough frickin' AF in full force !!!
    So my question is if O occurs approx. 14 after the first day of AF what date would you count from if you were me?

10th - spotting
    11th - no spotting but brownish color on toilet paper when wiping
    12th - Quite a bit of flow

Opinions please,please,please

My FS said to me count CD1 as the first day of flow (not spotting) before midday... which would be today.

The 12th would be CD1 (cycle day one) because it's the first day of full flow. I would suspect ovulation to be around Boxing Day *if* you ovulate on CD14, but not all women do, I was a CD16 ovulater...

Sarah... Yes good point I didn't even realise to write that....... I ovulated on CD18.

Yes, i am a 28 day cycler, and i O on around CD 18-20.

Full flow for sure.

Thanks girls ! Honestly I don't understand how people accidentally fall pregnant ?? We're not even officially trying but it's good to know what the hec is going on in my uterus you know? Especially cause we want to start trying in Jan next year which is only a matter of weeks Aaaaaaaargh !

Thanks again

Hahahaha, yes, I don't understand how anyone falls accidently pregnant... and I REALLY don't get how they fall pregnant on the pill or using contraception...! We did IUI... putting the swimmers right next to the eggs, and it took 4 months (not long I know, but long when you think about how ideal the conditions are in that situation!).