Thread: Test line darker than control line??

Question Test line darker than control line??

Hi ladies,

As the heading says, what do you think it means if the test line on a HPT is darker than the control line? Have any of you had this happen and did you know the reasons. Would it be a good thing? TIA.

Nita

yep a good thing. from my understanding the test line should be equal to, or darker than, the control line when your hormones surge when you are ovulating. so i would so it's a clear sign its time for you to DTD

absolutely a good thing, I would say you're well and truly UTD!
    Congrats!!

On a HPT that means your hCG is nice and high!!! Time to decide whether you want birth centre or private mid or Ob care, they book up pretty quick. Congrats!!!

ooooopss....sorry just realised i read your post quickly and was thinking you were referring to an OPK test!! silly me!!

yes a dark line is a great sign you are pregnant!! congrats.

Thanks so much ladies. Shouldn't of even tested as I have had 2 chemical pregnancies in the past three months and had been warned not to test too early. AF was only due yesterday so if I am UTD I would only be 4 weeks so VERY early. So a dark line is good that early on? Sorry to keep harping on, it's just I have had so many disappointing results over the past few months.

Nita

I know the feeling hun, I had 2 CPs in the 2 months before this little one stuck. But considering AF should already be here and the line is very dark, I think this one has stuck. A dark line is more convincing than a pale line isn't it

I understand your anxiety.
    But yes, the darker the line, the stronger the level of HCG in your blood, and having higher HCG levels is a good sign of a strong pregnancy starting off.
    I wish you all the best this time.

Smile

Thank you so much. I am feeling much better about it now. Will make an appointment with my GP for next week and I don't want to do it too early in case I jinx myself. just want this one to stick so badly. Keep everything crossed for me girls and thanks again so very much for your kind words and for being so encouraging.

Nita xxx

just means a BLARING +

How is it going Nita? Did you get to the GP?

Hi everyone,

Cannot believe I haven't been on here since March!!! All is going really well, am 13 weeks along now and everything fine so far. Had my NT scan with a really great result so will now just try to sit back and relax and enjoy this pregnancy. Well, as much as you can relax with a 16 month old running around lol. Oh, and in between dry retching over the loo every five minutes!! Have been suffering with VERY bad morning sickness which I didn't with DS at all so am finding that a challenge. Am now having a bad day amongsth the good, where as it had been a good day amongst the bad there for quite a few weeks. Anyway, thanks again for all your replies and for making me feel better about everything. It all paid off thinking positive. Might go join the girls in the November Belly Buddies now!!

Nita xxx