Thread: testing question

Hi girls

I have a question about testing and I hope someone out there has some advice.

I bought a pack of first response pregnancy tests, they are the sensitve ones. (can't remember the name of the top of my head, and i just threw the box out...oops)

The first 2 tests I did were negative, then the third one had a very faint line on it at 10mins.

I have also used a pregnosis test as well and that was negative. I am showing some signs ie crampy, tired and a bit of a sick feeling.

I dont know whether i am just imagining this or not.

I guess what my question is,

Do you think that the faint line could be a positive result?

Are those first response known for evap lines?( I thought cause they were covered in they didn't get evap lines).

Also I had the smallest amount of spotting on the 8th, at first I thought maybe an implantation bleed, but i should have gotton a positive result before now so I am thinking maybe ovulation spotting?

what are you thoughts??

Oh I am not sure what day I am on either, I am still breastfeeding and AF hasn't returned yet.

thanks heaps guys
    Renae

Oh I forgot to add I am going to have a blood test today, would it be too soon to have it done? will it pick up pregnancy if I only ovulated or the implant was on the 8th?

cheers
    Renae

Just moving to the testing forum

If the faint line is within the timeframe Renae I would take it as a positive, after then I wouldn't. As for a BT, there's no way of knowing if it's too early if you haven't had AF back yet... Maybe your Dr can shed some light for you.

Fire Fly Guest

I can hear your frustration.
    i was in the same postion as you till just recently. Im still B/fng DS who is 9 months old and i thought i may have been pg. But af hadnt returned as yet so i didnt have that to go off.
    I had cramping, headaches, mood swings, ill feelings, sharp pains in ab, i even went off coffee for a short bit. BUT, it turns out after 3 weeks of this and 3 HPT (neg) that it was just my body telling me that af was returning. Ive only just got her back so now i can concentrate on what my cycles will be again. So far all seems normal but day 15 will be the teller as thats when i usually 'o'.

I wouldnt have taken that test you did as pos because most of them say DONT read it after 10 mins. And the fact that you did two others and they came back neg tells me you might just be coming down with something. In saying that though, every bodys body is different so if it puts your mind at rest to get a BT then go for it.

Good luck.

Hi Firefly and Sarah

The 2 test that were negative were done first(wed and Thur) I didn't test on friday, then on sat I did another, and thats the one with the faint line. The faint line was there in under 10mins.

At first I thought I was coming down with something and maybe that is still the case. But too many things are happening that is making me a bit sus.

I am going to go for the blood test hopefully this afternoon, if not tomorrow afternoon. If I ovulated on the 8th of Sept will the blood test pick up a positive result? its only been 10days since I had the spotting.

cheers
    Renae

Fire Fly Guest

You would think your hormone levels would have increased slighlty by now but im no expert on this sort of thing. The other girls that temp etc would be the better ones to ask.
    Good luck with the BT. Hope you get the result you want. Your Dr would surely tell you anyway if you would get a result being so early.

Yep at 10DPO this afternoon or 11DPO tomorrow you should have a pretty accurate result.