Thread: Is it too ealy to test- irregular periods- 3 days late if looking at last months AF

Default Is it too ealy to test- irregular periods- 3 days late if looking at last months AF

feeling a little blah- yet another negative preg test!!
    So im sitting here.. and im feeling slightly crazy. Did two preg tests today.. and my eyes keep playing tricks on me as i think im imagining a second line! I dont even have anyones eyes for a second opinion as hubbys away. Im certin they're negative though..

I cant even have a glass of wine to calm me down becuase you're obviously not supposed to drink when TTC. I am 3 days late for AF and although I have very irregular AF's I was hoping being late this month would result in a little mirical!

We havent been TTC for long (literally only went off the pill 4 weeks ago and have been trying non stop since then), but ive wanted a baby for what seems like forever (have had few MC and fail preg in past) and I just feel sad every time i do a test now. Started TTC on 11th july (dont know when i ovulate) and basel temps have been elevated for about a week, consistantly creamy CM, sore BBs, nausea and generally feeling bloated and sluggish.

I dont know weather this is AF coming on or preg symptoms!! Was it too early to test? please can someone give me some advice on testing when you have very irregular periods???

I dont want to do another test again as im finding it hard to cope with the disapointment...

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm pretty sure it would be too early for you to test.
    hun I know the feeling well and the impatience that goes with it, but even if you had O'ed on the 'average' day (ie CD14) you'd only be about 6-7 DPO and that's not even really early enough to implant yet.
    Don't forget also your body is getting used to functioning on it's own without the pill's help, so will still be sorting itself out.
    I know it's hard not to over analyse every little symptom, but in all seriousness really this early is too early for pregnancy symptoms.

again.

Thankyou -i appreciate this post.. helped me gain a little clarity!!

Waiting game is tough- lets just say im not a very patient person.. i guess all this waiting in character building lol

When DO you think i should test? 1,2,3 weeks?? advice??

.:hugs:. thanks again for replying.. its lovely to have someone who'll listen..think im beginning to drive my darling husband nuts with all this TTC stuff

as kim said
    prob to early
    id give it a week and re test if no AF..

have you noticed a dip then rise?
    are you using FF to chart?

usually it takes a good month for your body to function normally after being on the pill.
    so dont loose hope if it doesnt work this month..
    huge hugs to you

You're welcome babe. That's what we're all here for.
    I'd probably wait a week to test. Rarely can a HPT pick up 9/10 dpos well.
    You should also check out the TTC buddies threads. They move a bit quick for me or otherwise I'd be in there too

Yeah come over to the TTC 1-6 months thread we are all in the same boat!!

well, ladies.. call me nuts but i was too impatient to wait a week so i went to doc today and got a BPT .. i get the results in the morning! Sooo nausiated and cant stand food smells! fingers crossed- otherwise if not, atleast I know i might have a stomach bug or something- although that doesnt explain the sore (.)(.)'s!!

i hope its a positive result

smiles4u Guest

Smile

... hopeful* wishing you all that you wish for tomorrow

good-luck ... and my fingers & toes are crossed for you

Good luck! I hope you get some good news in the morning!

good luck hun will be stalking you to find out the answer lol

goodluck

I hope you got rest last night, all this wondering could keep a woman awake!!! Goodluck today!

Sorry just a nother stalker on here. Did you get your blood test results back?

lol I lust have been in here 20 times today. How'd you go babe?

BFN .... after 4 hours waiting to see a doctor, another half hour waiting in pathology, another day waiting for results only to hear " sorry dear, but the blood tests came back nagative"......

I am so exausted and upset

I STILL have no AF and am 2 weeks late.............. (call me nuts asking this) BUT does anyone think i tested to early and could still possible be pregnant???????

be honest please ladies.. im going out of my mind

smiles4u Guest

aww i'm so so sorry i know this won't help much for now but i have been through this myself and yes you are so right it's emotionally utterly exhausting ... my only itty bitty advice is if you now not cling to the hope that the blood test is wrong you as you are only going to beat yourself up over it even more. Just let it be as it is, i know it's not easy to accept as your heart and mind don't want to let go of that feeling as it feels so close ... Allow yourself to feel crap, you have every right to, and you need to give yourself time as it's truly so hard to wait all the time with such deep high hopes and be given such an answer from the Doc.

Big hugs to you and take super care ... and don't forget no one said the door is no longer open cause it is open, that sweet bubba will come to you xoxox

thankyou ... I know... i have to let it go this month... going to put my ipod in ears, big sunglasses on and go walk all this tension off down at the beach before DH gets home from work.....

again thankyou, thats what i needed to hear (although it sucks to hear it)

xx