Thread: Totally confused - and frustrated!!!

Default Totally confused - and frustrated!!!

Hello everyone

I am pretty sure I am PG, am 2 days late for AF but this morning, BFN!!!! ](*,). I am now 16DPO and I usually get AF around DPO12-14.

My symptoms are below:

Headaches and extremely thirsty (can't get enough water into me!), bloating (as per my first and second pregnancies (I miscarried the first one), very very very tired - I need to have a nanna nap most days and it's an effort to get up and walk somewhere!, dizzy/lightheaded, little sharp pains on right side of abdomen (the same side I ovulated on), I HAVE to eat regularly, otherwise the hunger pains get unbearable - not like morning sickness, but like I'll pass out if I don't eat very soon, and indigestion (which I rarely get).

This morning I tested with Fortel Ultra, but BFN. I've got one more of those left, and I just picked up two Crystal Clear tests.

Has anyone found it better to pee into a cup (sorry, TMI!) rather than POAS???? With both of the above tests, you can do either.

Your opinions would be much appreciated! I'm praying for a BFP tomorrow morning!!!!! (I would think that 17DPO would be plenty of time to get those HCG levels up!??)

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Michelle

I didn't have any real signs that I was pregnant that early on.I only had sore BB's and was pretty tired/drained and fell asleep at work

I did the pee in a cup thing.To unco to pee on a stick!

I hope your right and it is a BFP!!Goodluck and let us know how you go!

Hi Michelle,

I always pee into a cup too - I'm never sure if I'll be able to last the full 10 seconds peeing on the stick (and aiming it in the right spot LOL).

All your symptoms sound positive .... fingers crossed we hear a BFP announcement from you soon

Thanks for your replies - this is my third pregnancy (I lost the first one), so know the signs - I just can't believe the tests keep coming up BFN!!!???

Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story!!! [-o<

Hello again.

I tested this morning and got BFN!!! :fuming:

I still have all the symptoms and am now 17DPO. My bloating has actually slightly increased - if I didn't know when I ovulated, I'd think I was further along!!!

Does anyone know of someone who was still getting BFNs at 17DPO??

Fortel Ultra (I used this with a Crystal Clear test) is supposed to pick up HCG level of 10, so that's why I'm concerned.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm losing the baby, but going by my last m/c, shouldn't the symptoms reduce when this is about to happen....?

Oh bugger. Poor you

*TamaraP* Guest

Bugger Sweetie, maybe go and get a blood test done so that could put your mind at ease. Good Luck... (hugs)

Tested again this morning and again a BFN!!! Still suffering the usual PG symptoms, so still pretty much positive I am PG!!
    8-)
    Anyway, my sister called me tonight - she came across a website

I feel soooo much better after reading this - according to their tests, most positive results occured closer to 21DPO, and not at around 15DPO like most tests say they can.

So there ya go!!!! I am going to get a blood test on Thursday, so hopefully I'll have some good news by then!

Thanks a lot for your support!

Hi again. Still no AF, now 21DPO and BFN on BT! Still have all the PG signs, so am pretty sure everything is ok (other than really slight spotting today). I remember having a BFN when pg with my daughter - I knew I was pg, but the BT wasn't saying so! A week later though, I POAS and got BFP. Problem is, I can't remember how far along I was (it was eight years ago)!!! ARGH!!! ](*,)

I've read on other forums about women who have not had a BFP until quite a way along in their pregnancy, so that's made me feel a little better. 8-[

Anyway, the doc has advised me to do another bt next Thursday. I'll POAS on Monday (I have one left so might as well use it!) and if BFN, I'll just have to wait until the end of the week.

I'd love to hear from anyone else in a similar situation...!

Lots of bleeding today. No other AF symptoms though, and a lot lighter than AF. :smt102
    It's very wierd....... If I knew for sure it was AF I could just deal with it and move on to TTC for next month....!

Now where's that brick wall......? ](*,)

Hi Impaitent

I love the name...just how I am feeling at the mo....Like you I would just like to know for definate (thought I did) so I can move onto the next phase be that TTC or not

I am currently DPO 17 (but not:P)...I had very light bleeding on DPO 14 which i thought was AF...but then the next day was spotting and nothing...
    Yesterday I had spotting (if you can call 1 spot spotting :P)

so as a last ditch hope thought I'd do a HPT (never expecting it) it came up as a very faint positvie...so did the next one

But im not sure temps are down etc and Im not feeling sick anymore (was about 1 week ago) and cant get a drs appointment until tomorrow ](*,)

Oh Lorasha, I hope that means good news for you!!! Let's hope the spotting is just breakthrough bleeding!!!

Well my bleeding got really heavy over the weekend. It's really wierd - I pretty much assumed that if I WAS pg, then I lost it on the weekend - but I've still got all of the symptoms I had before, like bloating, thirst, fatigue, hunger (as soon as I get hungry, I HAVE to eat NOW!), dizziness, etc. At work today, it was a struggle just getting up from my desk. I'm at a loss!

The doc told me to get another blood test done this Thursday, and when the bleeding started I assumed I wouldn't need to bother, but now I'm thinking I will - at least just to rule it out.

Oh well - there's always next time.

Good luck tomorrow!!!!