Thread: URGENT opinions on HPT Results

Exclamation URGENT opinions on HPT Results

Hi All!

For the past 2 days I have been talking to a really good friend on line and we are trying to nut out if we should be getting excited yet about her being pregnant! But we want some opinions

Yesterday my friend tested at 10 dpo in the morning, not with FMU, with Confirm HPT. My friend got the faintest of 2nd lines on it but could not see it clearly because the window was cloudy. So I told her to pull it apart and she indeed could see a faint second line on it!! She then made her way to the chemist to get more HPTs. The 2nd HPT my friend tested on was Pregnosis. I told her to take pics of it and email to me so I could have a look. I could indeed see a faint line on the Confirm but not the Pregnosis (Pregnosis looks like such a silly test because the control line is a pale blue!!). Later on, my friend could see a faint second line on the Pregnosis.

This morning she tested again with Confirm and again got a faint second line on it. She went out to shops to get some more HPTs and then tested with Fortel Extra and again she can see a second faint line and can see it even better at arms length. I havent seen a pic of this one yet but she describe it to me and it sounds sooo promising!

My friend has also been testing out the OPK theory and the second line keeps getting darker and darker.

So what do you think? Four HPTs have been done, all with a faint second line on it, can we get excited yet?!?!?!

I'd say so! A line is a line and as long as it's getting darker, I'd say that's cause for celebration. Congratulations to your friend!

Celsie. xoxox

ohh thanks for your reply!! I think we are secretly very very excited.

She has sent me a pic of it by phone and I can see it, hopefully I can see a better pic of it if she can get to a digital camera.

I would think so too! Be very unlikely to get that many false positives.. as false positives are very rare anyway!

Pass on our congratulations!

Oooooh veronica - i can't wait for you friend to post her news!!!!! How exciting!!

Sounds very likely your friend is pregnant, Veronica! I'm wondering if there's anyone who lives near your friend who might have a spare Lullaby Conceptions early HPT (10miu) for her to try... Of the supermarket brands, I did find First Response was better than Foretel Ultra, I think you can get it at Woolworths.
    She should get a darker line in the next couple of days (I predict an appointment at the doctor's Tuesday to organise a BT!) and I'm looking forward to seeing her posting an official BFP soon!
    Would love to see those pictures too!

Yes Yes I think so too!! But we are both a bit hesitant about it because she has been trying for a long long time. And her partner can see the 2nd line so that is a good sign!

Kerry - she has First Response too but it says to test on the first day of missed period. Her period is still a few days away. When did you test on First Response?

I used the First Response in stream test (but used the cup, so that i could use other tests too ) which you can use 5 days before your missed period at any time of the day. You can buy these in packs of 3. Its window is very clear and she should see a second line with this, no problems. Hopefully there's a Woolies handy to her today! Good luck!

PS if you want to chat privately, my msn id is in my BB user profile
    Last edited by cheekyfrog; April 7th, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

Hi Veronica,

I reckon your friend is definitely preggas! I found that the confirm was the only brand that showed up an early bfp for me and that was at 10 dpo.... the feintest of feint lines that we didn't actually believe was there. Also found that first response was heaps better than pregnosis and crystal clear (coming from a compulsive tester!! lol)
    Pass on my congratulations... how exciting, the easter bunny has made an extra special delivery this year!