Thread: Using the Maybe Baby...

Dani Guest

Default Using the Maybe Baby...

Hi everyone

I have been (trying!!) to use the Maybe Baby ovulation predictor for the past few months but I'm not sure if I'm having a bimbo moment or not! ](*,)

I cannot seem to get it to work. I use it from about day 7 until about day 16 and it is so rare for me to get the 'ferning' that shows that I am ovulating. Even if I use my mucus as a guide and it seems to be OK the Maybe Baby still doesn't fern! 8-[

A friend of mine uses it and she claims to see a garden in hers! I know that I am ovulating...

Has anyone used the Maybe Baby successfully? I would love to hear about it! \/
    Thanks

Sorry Dani, my experience has been the same as yours. I used it for a few months and never saw any sign of ferning. Charting my temp has been a much more useful tool for me, especially using the chart facilities at www.fertilityfriend.com

Not much use to you I'm afraid, but maybe someone else will have some advice.

Dani Guest

Thanks anyway Zola

I wonder why it works for some women and not others? It's like conceiving I guess. #-o

I checked out the Fertility friend site today and I will give it a go next month. I do already chart but the site looks extremely comprehensive so I might give that a go.

I go back on Fertility treatment at the end of this month (IUI) and was hoping not to have to. Anyway I'm in my 2 week wait so we'll just have to see.

Thanks again and good luck

Hi Dani,
    I don't use the Maybe Baby, I use my daughters microscope. I can move my slide and look at different parts to see if there is any ferning. I think this works ok. I am not sure exactly how the Maybe Baby works but maybe it doesn't allow you to look at enough saliva??

Anyway I am sure that helped... NOT, I just thought I would let you know my experience.

Good luck with your tww too, how long to go?
    Tanya

Hi Dani,

You beat me to it with this topic. I was going to ask the same question. O I bought one of those Maybe Bayby testers a few years ago and like you I never saw the 'ferns'. I tried using it last month to see if it would work this time around and it did, well sort of. I saw a few 'fern' like images. I find if you (this may sound gross) put your tongue straight on the mircrocope thingy instead of using your finger, you actually get saliva on it better and leaving it to dry for at least 15 mins and not 5-10 mins as they recommend. Hopefully that may work better for you.

I don't know how accurate it is as I am waiting to see if I am pregnant at the end of this week or if AF rears her ugly head.

Anyway, good luck with TTC
    Lot's of inkdust: sent your way
    Take Care
    Kazz & co \/

Dani Guest

Thanks Tanya & Kazz

At least I know that it's not just me! #-o

I will keep trying as maybe I'm not leaving it to dry for long enough as you suggested.

Tanya- I am only 3 days into my TWW! Trying to keep busy.

Thanks again

Hi Dani,
    from what I can gather from these posts is that i use a bit more saliva than they recommend on Maybe Baby. 'Cause mine takes a little longer to dry, When I first started collecing my saliva I used a scraper type impilment ( I dodn't scrape my tounge or anything, I just collected a couple of drops on it) which helped aid transporting it to the slide.
    I am not completely sure how it is done using Maybe Baby, but if it is different, try using a little more saliva.

Hope this helps, don't want you to waste all your money on things that don't work, hey!!
    Tanya

I was just wondering if anyone has found this with the Maybe Baby tester... I O'd 5 days ago according to FF and I have no EWCM. I just tried my Maybe Baby tester before and it showed major ferning. Could I still be fertile or is the tester wrong?? if anyone else has found this I would love to know.

Thanks

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Hey Kazz,

Sometimes FF can be wrong.... yesterday it said that I O'd CD15, and after this morning's temp entry it now says that I haven't O'd yet.

That said, if you had EWCM 5 days ago and don't now... I think that the ferning does only occur when fertile though... oh I dunno... it's all so confusing!!!

Sorry.... I haven't been much help to you at all. Since the Maybe Baby doesn't even work for me ( have never seen ANY ferning) I should just shut up :-#

Thats cool Zola, thank you for helping anyway. It is all too confusing. I am begining to wonder if it is totally wrong and a waste of money!! Maybe Baby that is.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02