Thread: -ve HPT when pregnant question

Default -ve HPT when pregnant question

Has anyone been pregnant but not got a +ve on a HPT early on? I keep getting BFN and am wondering when I can lose hope! (ie. my AF is 2 days late but -ve HPT, so approx. 14 DPO).

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Beth

Its definetely possible to get a negative while still in the early stages of pregnancy.Your HCG might not be high enough yet to register.You could go to your doc and get a b/t or keep testing very couple of days.Remember to use your morning urine as that contains the highest amount of hormone.hth

Bethany,
    Absolutely. Some hpt's can detect hcg at low levels and this can give us a positive earlier than our period is due but sometimes ovulation could be miscalculated or sometimes there is not enough hcg in the urine to detect.
    I have seen many women who got a neg and thought that was it and later found they were in fact pregnant.
    I hope you get your bfp Bethany very soon...
    Love and baby blessings,
    DEb

Can definately happen. A false negative is much more likely thatn a false possitive.

I did two HPT's and got two positives and then when to the doctors and got a negative, and I was pregnant

I was 1 week late before I gotmy first +ve. Good luck.