Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +'ve OPK at 8DPO

Aquariangypsii Guest

Default +'ve OPK at 8DPO

Hi Ladies,

I am currently at 8DPO and being my usual anxious self couldn't wait to test so I did a OPK which was VERY +'ve and a 10mIU HPT which if really looked hard could faintly see a line, but it could be an evap or not even there and I am just hoping to much. This is the first time I have used an OPK at this stage of my cycle (but I have successfully used them as HPT's before after AF was due) so I am wondering if anyone else has done this and if it is normal if you aren't pg to have a +'ve OPK at 8DPO. I guess I am looking for hope.

I am going to test again in the morning with a HPT and see if that imaginary line appears darker or if it appears at all. I know it is too early but I just can't help myself. I had a dip in my temp this morning so I am hoping it could have been implantation. Lets hope tomorrow brings the answers I am looking for.

Thanks for your help.

It's sounding very good for you! I too used an OPK as an early HPT when I was pg, but I didn't get a +HPT until 14 DPO. for you really hope it's a BFP! Just keep testing!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!! Is it a true positive on the opk? Line darker than the conhtrol or the same colour??? Even if it is slightly lighter but at least a prominent line I would say you have a little person forming!!!!!! At least that is my experience at that stage of my cycle!!!!!
    Oh, please tell us what the stick tells you in the morning!!!

Good luck, and fingers crossed for you. BTW, i had no idea you could use OPK as a HPT. Great idea.

How did you go Aquariangypsii??? I am hoping you got a stronger line today on your hpt.
    Thinking of you....

Aquariangypsii Guest

You ladies are so wonderful and supportive!!! Deb I was hoping you would read my post because I read one of your ealier posts with the OPK tip on there. Well did another 10mIU test today and there is the faintest of faintest lines (Darker than yesterdays). Even DH can see it so I musn't be imagining things. I only have 1 x 10mIU test left and the rest are 25's so not sure weather to test again tomorrow or leave it a couple of days. I am also feeling a little off colour today (this started at about 10DPO last time as well). I am still going to play it cautiously until the line gets darker I think (but it's hard to do as we are both getting so excited).

Thanks again ladies for your support and advise.

Yippeee!!!!!!!
    It is always affirming when another set of eyes can see the line! It is a really good sign that it is darkening just a bit. It is so early yet. Many many women don't get positives this early. You are lucky! It's good to be cautiously excited. Just embrace it though, this little one is taking you on a new journey!!!!
    and congratulations!

Big and cautious congratulations!!!!! I'm sure that line will get darker every day. Just buy more tests if you feel the need to check everyday!!! I sent you a PM, but I just wanted to tell you here how happy I am for you!

Woo hoo!!!

Congratulations!!!

Celsie. xoxox

How exciting! Wishing you all the best with your testing! Congratulations!

Very exciting ! Congrats & Best of luck.

Hi Aquariangypsii

Just popping in to say

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

How are you today Aquarian????
    Did you do another test?
    I hope things are going well....

Aquariangypsii Guest

Hi again ladies,

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Well I did another 10mIU HPT and an OPK at 4.30 this morning and the line was nearly non existant (not as prominant as yesterdays and that one was faint) on the HPT and the OPK was +'ve (test line was as dark as the control line). I did a 25mIU HPT this afternoon after no liquids for 4hrs and I see a really really faint line. I compared it to the same type of tests that I used last time at early stages of pg and they look the same but I am so worried that they are evap lines. Am I right in thinking that evap lines will vanish when the test is completly dry (so the following day after taking the test you wouldn't see the evap line anymore and if you do it would be a BFP)?

Oh, I am so confused and going nuts over here!!!!!! This is a perfect example of why not to test too early I guess. I will hang tight and keep testing.

Hi Jodie nice to see you here, lets hope your tests bring me luck

Thanks again ladies, your support is overwelming!!!
    Tammy

Aquariangypsii Guest

Oh poo! I did 3 different HPT's this morning (not that I'm obsessed or anything) and nothing. Not even an evap line that I could pretend was a real line. How depressing! I know I should go and get a BT but I wanted to be fairly certain first, so I might just drive myself nuts some more first. One day I will think I see a line and the next day nothing.

On the up side though my temps have been 37.81, 37.81 & 37.82 over the past three days with a dip 4 days ago (feel free to take a look at me chart). I guess all I can do is wait and see - Jeez I'm impatient.

Thanks for listening once again, it's great to be able to come in here and share all your emotions as you ride the roller coaster. It seems like no-one else understands just the way you ladies do.

Thanks and have a nice day to you all!!!!!!

Tammy, don't forget that alot of people don't get a true + until 14 DPO! I know I didn't, even though I was fairrly certain I was pg. Just keep testing! If you're still not sure in a few days (and af hasn't arrived!) go and get a blood test. Wishing you so much luck!!!

Aquariangypsii Guest

Well I did it, I went and got a blood test done today. I did a Crystal Clear HPT (the one with the -/+ test line) and woo hoo, I got a faint line. Has anyone ever got false positives from this brand before (just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing)? It is my going away party tomorrow night (I am changing jobs) and everyone else will be drinking - with any luck I will be the only sober one .

Thanks for your advice Sezjm!

Another +, even if faint is a good sign! When will you get your results? You must post right away, I'm dying to know!

I used crystal clear as one of my HPTs ( I did four, just to be sure!) and I got a faint line. It was a true Positive! I really hope yours is a really sticky one sweetie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast