Thread: What does this mean??

Default What does this mean??

I have been using two different brands of OPK at the same time (there is a reason I'm not just obsessed!!).
    I have been testing twice a day for the past couple of days. One brand (Confirm) now says that I am having an LH surge as the test line is now way darker than the control line within the first minute. The other brand (Fortel) isn't even registering anywhere near a positive. Infact after 5 minutes you would hardly even notice the test line. I have been using 2MU and then again in the afternoon. Using same urine sample for both tests. Yesterday the test line on the Fortel line was a bit darker but has lightened up today. The Confirm brand is still ultra dark. I am guessing that I have ovulated but wonder why two different brands should be so different.
    If I was only using Fortel I would assume that I hadn't ovulated or that the OPKs don't work for me. The Confirm brand is telling me something completely different!

Has anyone else ever found this?
    P.S. I have fallen pregnant in the past while using both brands.

Debbie

12bliss Guest

hmm that is strange, are you temping? i'd say that would be the only way to know 100%... last month i was using a few different brands and not once did the line come dark enough to be a positive... for a day there it was ALMOST as dark as the control line but you just cant 100% trust them things i am temping whilst using them this month... see how we go... good luck!

Does anyone know if it is normal to only have one OPK come up positive or should it be positive for more than one day. About two weeks ago when i was testing for Ovulation i had a positive result on one morning with FMU but when i tested again the next morning it wasn't positive anymore. Does that sound normal?

Yep, forgot to mention that I am temping and that does indicate that I am ovulating. Just find it so confusing somtimes. It's hard to believe that I have fallen pregnant 3 times using OPKs in the past!!
    Good luck to you too.
    Debbie

WalkingArt,
    I do believe that that is perfectly normal.
    Good luck.
    Debbie

Hi Walking Art
    You should not do an OPK with FMU - you are trying to detect a surge and as your wee will be concentrated in the morning it is likely to show a surge even if there is not one there. Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news - you can easily only get the +ve for one day and this will be 12-24 hrs before you ovulate.

You should test around 10am, 3pm and 8pm I think as these are times when you are likely to detect the surge - saying that I never got a positive on an OPK and I used 100s of them.

Good luck.

Thanks Tess

I didnt know that. I just though you always had to test with FMU no matter what test. Well, good to know for next time.

Hi Debbie,

I just wanted to pop in and say I've had the exact same experience with the exact same brands. My first month of using opks (now onto third month of using them) I found the fortel brand to be pretty crap for me. The second day I used them you could barely even see the control line so that did it for me, I don't use them anymore.

I use the confirm brand, usually at about 6pm and find that from about cd10 to cd14 the test line slowly gets darker and I usually get a definate positive at around cd13. This month for sure (and i'm taking clomid this month remember) I am positive the confirm opk coincided with all other o indicators.

Should mention I don't temp but have had bt's indicating that I do ovulate, probably at around cd14.

HTH!

Debbie just keep in mind that just like preg tests opk's have differing strengths. It would seem the Confirm brand is more sensitive. I have used Fortel (last year) and never got anywhere newar a positive so they weren't much chop for me.

I would get jiggy with it baby!!!! Why are you using two brands just out of interest?

I wish you all the vibes that exist!!!

Deb, more tests in the Fortel packet so thought I may change over. Wanted to see how they compared with each other first. Think I will stick to Confirm now though.
    Debbie

Aah I see. Wishing youa BFP for this month...