Thread: Whats 25MIU mean to me ????????

Default Whats 25MIU mean to me ????????

If a test is say 25MIU or 50mui...

how long DPO usually does that mean it will detect?

i know everyone is different but generally peoples experiences

I got a bfp at 12 DPO

on what miu test dachlostar?

Sorry, I can't remember. It was one with a little lid that went back on the pee stick and I think it said it could detect 10 days DPO.
    I've still got it but it's on the 3rd floor. Next time I'm up there I'll take a look and see if it has the brand on it.

I did two tests on the one day at 11DPO (10miu and 25miu) and I got a faint BFP on the 25miu test and quite a strong one on the 10miu test coming up almost within seconds. Given that the 25miu was faint I dont think it would have shown up for another 24-48 hours on the 50miu.

It was a crystal clear pee stick. I still have no idea about the technical specifications.

thanks girls, so 25miu is pretty close to Af due then...
    I have bought some internet cheaps MYTEST from ebay doesnt stated miu sensitivty though?
    any ideas?

Hi Princessmya.

Yep, the 25miu test should give you a reliable result on the day AF is due. Some girls can get a BFP earlier than the AF due date (I was one of the impatient ones). They dont recommend testing prior to AF due date as it can lead to disappointment or even heartache especially if you've been trying for some time.

Depending on how far away you're due to test, Lullaby Conceptions (google them) has some cheap 10miu tests which you can buy singley and I think they are only about $3 each I think (sorry, it has been a little while). They also have very fast delivery (sometimes next day if you buy them early enough in the day) and I found them to be very reliable.

When are you testing?

hi tony
    well i tested today and BFN,
    i have just been feeling very odd the past week and a bit - still waiting for AF post partum so very hard to tell when it is due.

<My symptoms are:

Nausea
    Backache
    Cramps
    fuller bb's and sensitive
    moody
    full of energy but now buggered!
    starving on waking
    metallic taste in mouth
    pressure on bladder
    a few pimples popping up (i usually never get them)...
    Cm changes

So i dont know if i did ov or am preg? but i thought i would test anyhow as we are DTD ttc... hoping to catch the first one iykwim,

I decided if i have had no BFP by new year and no AF either and still feel this way then i am going to the dr as this isnt normal!

Hi Mya,

I got a BFP at 9DPO with the lullaby 10miu, and the next day 10DPO i got a positive on the clearblue digital, which some ppl say are 25miu some people say are 50miu?

Wait a few more days and see how u go.

X

thanks Kailz
    i have the mytests and clear blue digital here... so will see how we go,
    going to test xmas morning and hope santa brought me a baby! lol....

fingers crossed

oooh good luck hun ...

Apparently i am an oppisite girl- the 20miu tests i have say they are sensivte and i got a faint line with the 10miu and a BFP with the 20 miu with the same FMU, i dont get it myself!! I am pretty sure that was about 10-12 dpo, but everyone else i have talked to has had the opposite result- they say the 10miu is more senssitive!!

Good luck, your symptoms sound positive!!

thanks starbright
    and congrats on your bfp! what a great xmas pressy lol

Its hard because that is all they are symptoms.... ive had a few other people (not on this forum) say to me....

you cant be pregnant you havent had af OR
    HOw do you know you have even o'ed OR
    you are bf-ing you cant o!

and i felt like a real tosser for talking about my symptoms - made me feel like the dr did when i went in for BT and she said the same thing and i walked out BT-less....

I guess i just want to hear that my symptoms are not everyday normal..... and might mean something good

i will try the 25miu on tuesday and the 50 if and when i get a BFM (big fat maybe lol)

Well as for falling bf- my sis did that- she had her son in Oct last year, got AF once and was still bf when she found herslef "feeling preg" again. she is due any day now, (so thats only a year and 2 months apart, so her boy was 4- 5 months old when she conceived) and like i said she only got af once, and was still bfeeding when she found out and decided to wean to conserve her energy!!

It is defianelty possible, the girls i know always say until Af (the fat lady) sings its always a possibilty, and your symptoms sound promising, stupid dr should know it is HIGHLY probabal that u could be UTD, i hope she doesnt go around telling new mums that bfeeding is a good contraceptive!!!!

Good luck!!

Thanks Starbright!
    OOoh how exciting for your sis and congrats on the soon to be AUnty status again!!

zookeeperr Guest

I am new but wanted to say that I was nursing my DD she was 12 months AF had not shown up yet and I got preg with my DS. I was 11 weeks when I had my 1st OB appt. They were a bit lost on the LMP being basically 2 years before though

Hi, you can O while BF but it might take a while - we were not ttc when I was bfing my kids but in both cases it was around a year before AF returned. I have known others to get AF back after 8 months, or even 2 months, so there is a wide range of normal. You might be one of the lucky/unlucky (depends on your POV!) to not get AF for ages - but don't worry about AF not returning yet, it's completely normal.