Thread: When to do blood test

StartingOut Guest

Default When to do blood test

Sorry - this is a long post.

I'm a little bit hestitant to say, but I think I have recorded a BFP!!

I started charting mid-way through my cycle, using a normal thermometer and testing a bit adhoc - FF shows I am currently 9dpo. I think the most likely BD date to cause conception was 17th March (3 days prior to FF O date).

On FF calculations I tested 7 dpo with Confirm- (addict - couldn't help myself!) and got an ever so pale, use your imagination, second line. Tested yesterday at 8dpo and got pale line again (Confirm). So bought some different brands and tested in the afternoon. Discover Onestep can up as a lighter but definite second line, within 3 minutes. Fortel came up with a 'use your imagination' line, and I tested an hour later with Discover and second line came up very clearly (although lighter) within the 3 minutes.

I tested this morning - 9dpo with Discover and got the same second line, and also Fortel and got an every so pale 'use your imagination' line again.

So - pretty much every test I am doing is coming up as a BFP in some form. I am surprised I am getting a second line at 9dpo - (or earlier in fact) - so am wondering whether I may have O'd earlier. Would it be possible that I ovulated on or just after 17th March - same day as BD - thereby making me around 11 or 12 dpo? (FF showed I o'd on 20 March).

I am new to charting, but didn't really pick up an fertility signs - before or after this date. Only thing was had a OPK surge (although not positive) on the 17th, then surges a few days later around the time FF showed I O'd. (again not positive)

With all my tests revealing something, I think I am probably preganant - but trying not to get my hopes up too high.

Given my uncertainty about O date, is it too early to go to Doctor for a blood test? Should I wait until when I think my period should be due (either in a 2 days at a minimum or 5 days time).

Firstly, congratualtions! I would wait until AF is due and then book into to see your Dr.

If you checked your pregnancy tests within the 5 min test time, I would put money on your being pregnant.

I am a pregnancy test addict too. I found a website w.peeonastick.com very helpful understanding how pregnancy tests work.

Most doctors won't allow you to have a blood test until you have missed your period because they want to see a postive / high hcg blood count.

Good luck - keep us posted.

Hi all. I looked at that web site pee on a stick. I'm a pregnancy test addict as well. I did the new digital 1 the other day and bot times it was neg. But over the last few days my nipples have been really sensitive, and it even hurts to take my bra of. Not due for AF till 11- 12 of april, but with the way my nipples r going I was thinking. I sometimes get sore boobs when AF is coming but not like this. They are only sore about 1 week before. Did another test today and it was neg. They also tingle as well. It feels the same as when I was pregnant with my son. I know I most likely not pregger's because I have tube's clamped, but only have the right 1 on. The test I used today was first respones. Has anyone else used this brand, and if so how did u find it. I'm going to wait till AF is due and see what happens..

StartingOut Guest

Tested with a digital test yesterday arvo and it came up Pregnant. So figured I must be more than 9dpo. Went to the doctor - they didn't do any tests (is this normal?) but said that if I'm getting a positive on every test I do - then I'm pregnant. Have started the ball rolling now for an Ob - gosh it is a steep learning curve.
    Whoo whoo! Very exciting.

If you have done that many POAS tests, then I think that is confimed enough for your GP that you are pg - congratulations!