Thread: When do I do an OPK test?

Default When do I do an OPK test?

Hi Ladies

It's my 2nd cycle off the pill and I have definite EWCM so thought I'd do an OPK to see if I'm ovulating and it was negative, so now I'm wondering when you should actually test i.e. is it a few days before you get EWCM????

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi Suz,
    You should have a brochure with your tests that tells you when the optimal time in your cycle to begin testing is. EWCM often happens for a number of days and it is generally thought that you ovulate on the last day of this mucous. So, I would continue testing and also get jiggy with it too! You don't want to miss that egg when it hatches! It is possible that you are say ovulating today and therefore you would have probably received a positive opk yesterday. Conversly it's possible that you will ovulate on Sunday and get a positive opk tomorrow. So, keep testing. What Cycle day are you on? How long was your last cycle? Good luck!

Thanks Deb and Fletch. It's day 14 (last cycle was 52 days but if i'm 'back to normal' I would 'o' around this time) and my temps don't seem to indicate any signs, but I've been unwell with a high temp so I'd say that has affected my chart.

No bd-ing for us though at the moment Just wanting to see if I am o-ing at all