Thread: When exactly will I O?

Default When exactly will I O?

Hello everyone! I have a very "important" and semi-urgent question. Please excuse my extreme dumbness! I just got my very first +OPK () and I need to know - does that mean I'm Oing today or in the next few days? I think I have heaps of EWCM but not really sure. I did two OPK's (different brands) and one came up negative whilst the other was a resounding +. Go Figure!

Thanks heaps. Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

MG

*TamaraP* Guest

you should ovulate in the next 18-24 hours!!! Get bedding girlfriend!!!

Thanks for your reply Tamara! I certainly will!

Hey Hun,
    Thought i would reply here as well, even though i have already PM you.IN case other lovely ladies in the future have the same question.
    According to the Ovunow OPKS- the information they provide is:
    "test measures luteinzing Hormone (LH), although this is always present in your urine, LH increases just before your most fertile day of your cycle.
    This LH surge triggers the release of an egg from one of your ovaries. Most women will ovulate within 24-36 hours after the LH surge is dectected."

I love how they use the term MOST women! Just get ready to attack DH shortly to make sure you cover all time periods!

LOL Sunny! I've already warned him for when he gets home! His response "Oh What? Didn't we already do it last night?" ROFL! So cute! He thinks once and he's done! LOL!

Hi MotherGoose,

Once you get a positive you need to bd that day. MOST women will ovulate within 24 hours of receiving that positive line.

As you know the surge occurs to enable the release of the egg. LH takes time to be detected in the urine. If you got a positive at say 2pm there is nothing to say (unless of course you tested) that it wasn't there at 10am. Do you know what I am saying?

My ob reckons that the best results come from women who bd the day of the positive and for the following 2 days later. Latest research has shown unless your partner has sperm issues then the more you bd the better your odds of catching the egg.

I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Go forth and catch that egg!!!!!!