Thread: When is a line, a line?

Default When is a line, a line?

Hi girls, yes I'm here again. Recharged batteries and back on the ttc wagon!

My question now relates to the Forelife tests which are really Fortel Extra in disguise.

Now from the outset, I don't have any real symptoms other than slightly "ouchy" nipples and tiredness. But the tiredness could be coming from my bipolar meds anyway so I don't know if that is a "symptoms" per se. Oh and I'm 13dpo today with absolutely no signs of AF either.

So anyway, last night, my urge to POAS was too strong to pass up so I did with a 4 hour full bladder. At 10 minutes there was the lightest, faintest "smudge" of a line. Visible, but not visible IYKWIM. I called my "extra set of eyes" to have a look (my 8 year old son) and asked him how many lines he saw, reminding him that they wouldn't be the same colour and he saw two and pointed to the "imaginary" second line.

Just now, I've POAS again with FMU and again, within 10 minutes, there is another definite "there but not there" line.

So...is it possible that I am? Or not?

I've NEVER had good results with Fortel anything in the past and don't want to think I might be talking myself into seeing zebras when I should be looking for ponies!

Lisa

Lisa........

At 13 DPO, that faint smudge of a line could be the real deal.......

I always had luck with Fortel, but other friends say they always thought that the early faint lines were maybe evaporation lines.

Either way, is it chilly in Tas this morning? Because if you use FMU on a cold morning, it sometimes takes longer to come up with a strong line. If you have any more HPT's, my advice would be to POAS at lunchtime when it is warmer, or, if you can hold out, collect FMU tomorrow morning, store it at room temp for a few hours in a plastic cup (noice!) till the day warms up, and then dip the stick....

Good luck

Thanks Lucy!! I guess I could be looking at the real deal then. Oh how exciting. I don't think they're evaps because they definitely have colour and aren't grey or shaded or indented like most of the other evaps I've seen on other tests. Oh how exciting. OOPS, I've already said that!!

Tisn't cold at all down here at the moment, we had a goodly amount of rain yesterday to break our drought a tad, but it's a lovely sunny day again today.

I have one more test left. I'll see if I can hold out until at least FMU tomorrow morning. We're heading off up the coast to my parents' home for Christmas so POAS will probably be the last thing on my mind for the next couple of days (as if LOL). I might even have to lash out and buy a digital and give it to DH for his birthday on the 2nd January.

Do I sound thrilled? ROTFLMAOPMP

Please be a little bean and PLEASE stick!!!

Lisa

Edited to add: And just to be REALLY tragic, I've just taken both tests outside to see what they look like in natural light and the lines are definitely there. Possibly slightly darker on this mornings' test but definitely a thick, red shadow that is visible at arms' length and any other direction you can tilt the peestick!!! OMG!!
    Last edited by Mumintaz; December 23rd, 2006 at 05:15 AM. Reason: To add an update!

My first BFP was so very very faint, I thought I could have been imagining it!

But here I am!

All the very best!

I used the same tests as you when getting my BFP.. at 9dpo I did one (in the arvo) and I got a reallllly faint second line and thought my eyes were paying tricks on me. The next morning I did a fortel as well as one from lullaby conceptions and both came up with faint second lines and here I am at 9wks pg!!

So I would say that you are pg and congratulations are in order

OMG!!

I keep staring at the tests, DARING them to change, but they stil have that second "smudge" on them and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

The one from this morning I took PARTICULAR notice of the time to be sure it was within the 10 minute mark and it most definitely was.

This is exciting. Scary but exciting. What a lovely Christmas present....just a pity I have to wait for 9 months to open it!

Lisa

Lisa my first one was really really feint too but it did get a bit darker on the other tests I did in the following days.

sounds really promising! what an awesome Xmas present!

Also, I used the same type of test as you did.

Thank goodness there are some Fortel Extra people out there. I've been reading some terrible things about false positives and evap lines about Fortel tests.

Mind you, this is the first time I've seen anything on ANY Fortel test of any kind and goodness knows that I've seen more than my fair share of BFNs on them so I guess the difference should be obvious! LOL

I couldn't resist this morning. I rang my DH at work to tell him. I told him I had an early Christmas present for him but he wasn't allowed to open it for 9 months. He cried. I felt like a real b*tch then!

I am STILL running like a loony to the bathroom to check the lines are still there and they are. It's definitely not a stark, white BFN like I'm used to seeing!

I'll stop worrying one day I guess. My main worry now is how to get through Christmas without having a drink. Apparently my father has bought me a bottle of my favourite tipple for drinking at his house over the next couple of days...I'm sure I'll enjoy looking at it anyway! AND my mother has cooked her fabulous "legless" fruitcake...called legless because it contains so much alcohol that once you've consumed it you DO become legless!

The worst thing about the timing is that I won't be able to get bloods done for ages so I'm going to be stressing for weeks. AND I won't be able to get hold of my psychiatrist to find out if I should cut back on my bipolar meds. *sigh*

Lisa

Lisa - What wonderful news. Congratulations! Sounds like the real deal to me.

Thank you Belinda!

Well, I tested again this morning and yet again, there is a line. That's three in a row and getting slightly darker. Also had a bit of temp jump today from 36.72 to 36.88 so I guess I can start truly believing.

I'll try and put it aside now until I get home from the couple of days away and can hopefully get into see my Dr, or at the very least, try a different test.

OMG! I'm PREGNANT!!!!

Lisa

CONGRATULATIONS on your bfp Lisa. YAY for you. What a fantastic Christmas present

Thanks everybody! I'm home now from Christmas away with my family and I just had to POAS (Crystal Clear) to reassure myself and there were two lines on that one as well and not even remotely faint now....so....it's official.....there's a bean in there!!

Colour me pretty darned happy!!

Lisa

Congrats to you Lisa! How excitement!!!

Congrats and Merry Christmas Lisa! How wonderful for you! So did your parents put 2 and 2 together when you couldnt drink or eat the special fruitcake? lol!

We decided to tell them in the end. Gave them a nice Christmas present too and explained my tiredness and pickiness with the food!

Lisa