Thread: Who's used Maybe Baby???

Default Who's used Maybe Baby???

Hi all,
    Was considering buying a Maybe Baby fertility tester. Have you used one and if so did it give accurate results for you?
    TIA

Amanda Mason Guest

I have one, I used it for about 3 months without success. Its tricky to use and time consuming to wait around for the saliva to dry. I have heard some success stories though, just not me.

*TamaraP* Guest

I used it, and boom that month got a unfortunately the outcome wasn't good.

If you are going to use it, try and use it later on in the day. It says to use it in the morning, but that didn't work for me...

Tamara,
    I'm sorry to hear that you good news was not long lasting :hugs:

Can you tell me what time of day the Maybe Baby did work for you (and did you not eat/drink beforehand like is says to do)??? I am on day 14 and no sign of ferns yet (I have borrowed a maybe baby from a freind for the month) but I have long cycles. How many days did you get a + for?
    Hope you don't mind the qns!!!

*TamaraP* Guest

I did it after dinner, just before bed. So around 10pm.
    I showed partial ferns for about 3days and then I showed a full fern once.
    When I showed the partial ferns I then when I showed the full I again. I only had to DTD 3 times and it worked.

I had no idea what I looking for so don't stress if you don't see anything.
    You will know when you see ferns, they are amazing.

How long are your cycles??

My cycles are normally 28 days so I started using MB at around CD15 and then I "o" around CD17-18. Hope this helps.

Fee Guest

My SIL used Maybe Baby and is going to lend it to me for when DH and I start TTC. I hope it works.

Tamara - My last cycle was 38 days (first cycle off BCP) so I'm not sure this time around. I'm guessing around 30-35 days (this was about normal for me prior to taking BCP). Maybe the ferns won't show until a bit later then. I have no sign of ANY CM yet either which is frustrating. Glad to hear you only had to DTD a few times (can be disappointing for our DH's though)!!!!
    Fee - I hope it works for you too. As I'm not wanting to take temps I thought using both Maybe Baby and OKP's (and observing CM if I ever get any) would do the trick.

Cant help sorry, but I friend of mine as planning on lending her maybe baby to me but first I said I'll try the ovulation kits which I've just started this month for the first time.

So far the O kits are pretty good, I have kept the previous days kits to see how dark the line gets and its getting darker. Mind you, its more of an expensive way of doing it but I'm hoping it'll be for this month only. If I dont fall PG this month then I'll borrow my friends kit.

My friend who has the kit said it worked for her but after many, many, many months. I think it was neally a year. She could see the fern affect but still couldn't fall PG.