Thread: Seeking Teacher....

Default Seeking Teacher....

I have never been in a coven or anything and since moving away from Melbourne, I have yet to find another Teacher with whom to continue my apprenticeship...
    So how do I go about finding/recognising one here in Perth (don't have many close friends here, none that are of the same mind either) and I really feel lately that I need to continue my druidic studies..

Any guidance would be appreciated...
    Also if anyone knows of an esoteric bookshop in Perth or Mandurah...
    TIA

There was a store in Fremantle I'm not sure if its still there. I did know the high priestess there back in the day but I couldn't tell you who is there these days. There also used to be another shop in the city... oh what was it called... it was over near valhalla games (just around the corner). I'll do some digging for you and let you know (seems we went the opposite way on our travels )

Get in contact with PAN (Pagan Alliance Network), they should be able to point you in the direction of a reputable group/teacher. They have a yahoogroup (PANInc).

Only ones I know of in Perth are the ones you should be staying away from.

Put it out to the universe, when the right teacher comes along you'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by punkin View Post
    Only ones I know of in Perth are the ones you should be staying away from.
    Oh dear its still like that? I was going to post something similar but was hoping it might have changed (and was worried I might offend)... (I'm talking 13 yrs ago too)

Put it out there and the Universe will respond.

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

Quote Originally Posted by Niliac View Post
    Oh dear its still like that? I was going to post something similar but was hoping it might have changed (and was worried I might offend)... (I'm talking 13 yrs ago too)
    there are still a few "bad eggs" around - which was suggested contacting PAN.

Careful of who you contact though like with any organisation. Got chatting to some ppl who turned up at PAN events THESE WERE NOT MEMBERS and had one guy try and offer me one on one personal tuition out in the middle of nowhere when I was 16 and then threatened me when I told the organisers about his offerings. Yet again, these were not pan members, the people who were members were really nice, helpful and very caring people

When the student is ready the right teacher will present her/himself.

Remember

If someone asks you for money in exchange for knowledge that this is wrong.

But its ok to ask for you to provide candles, moon cakes, and supplies thats different.

A good teacher should never charge you money in exchange for knowledge. Its what I have been passed down from my High Priestess and I totally agree with her.

I would gladly pass on my knowledge for free.

BB
    Redlady