Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Loss or Miscarriage ~ February 2011

Default Parenting after Loss or Miscarriage ~ February 2011

Welcome to Parenting after Miscarriage or Loss. In this thread you will find women who are navigating the sometimes difficult but joyous challenge of parenting after saying goodbye. This can present many challenges. In this thread you will find friendship and a safe place to share your experiences.

As always we welcome with sad but open arms new members to our thread & hope very much you find the support you need to parent after loss.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Mistyfying
    Rouge

Their email addresses can be found here.
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and easy going parenting journey after a difficult ride to get there!
    Last edited by MistyFying; February 13th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

Thank you for the new thread, Mistyfying.

I feel awful for hoping I'm not alone here as that means more parents out there have experienced loss.

BW

You aren't alone BW

Have been away. Can someone tell me what has gone on?
    Deb, Spring?

Debbie

See the previous thread Deb. There are farewell messages in the messages section too.

I guess I have missed a lot. I am not sure what went on but I am glad that there are still some names that I recognize.

How are things going, Laney? I can't believe Brexton is already four months old, it's going so fast!

BW

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining you. Only just found this section.

My story: I lost my daughter Milana at 41 weeks gestation in Feb 2009, to a ruptured uterus, she died 2 days old.
    Just had my son in Dec 2010, born at 31 weeks, after a very high risk pregnancy, and several weeks bed rest in hospital. Matteo was born at 1.84kg (4lb 1 oz), he is now 13 weeks old, or 4 weeks corrected age and weighs 5.31kg (11lb 11oz).
    He is adorable, but as you all know it is so hard. The memories haunt me, every day.

Look forward to chatting with you all,

take care

Welcome, ButterflyForever, I am so sorry that you have to join us here. I do love the names you gave your babies - just beautiful!

BW

Welcome guys I am floating around. Not much to offer at the moment. Significant anniversary fast approaching and nothing in reserves to give. But I am here .....

ButterflyForever, Welcome! It is nice and very sad to have a new member in this forum.

BW, How is everything with you?
    We are doing well, thanks for asking. There has been a lot going on the past 4 months. Right after Brexton as born Grayson was diagnosed with a sensory processing disorder. We were afraid that it might be autism but thank goodness as of right now they don't think that is the case. We got him into occupational therapy and play groups and early preschool. We are so busy! It has been very overwheling but we are getting used to the new routine. The baby is very cooperative and I am very thankful. He is also a champ of a sleeper, 10 hours a night!
    I am also dealing with a possible blood clot in my left leg This has put a big question mark over trying to have another little one.

Michelle, I love looking at your pics on facebook. Your little ones are so cute and getting so big!

A bit of a rough patch for a while - my arthritis drugs trashed my liver and I'm now no longer allowed to take them. I had three weeks of misery where I just got worse every day. Every day I'd think that this would have to be the worst it could possibly be, only to find out I was wrong the next day. But after three weeks I got approval to start a new drug, and for the first time since Sam was born I actually have hope that the arthritis can be controlled and another child is looking more and more possible - assuming we can ever find the money to go back to IVF. It's a fortnightly injection and I had a day's relief after the first dose, then three days after the second dose. I have another week to go before my third dose, but the bad bits between doses are nowhere near as bad as before, so I'm finally feeling good about things!

The sensory disorder sounds quite full on, but it seems you have got onto things early, which will certainly help!

BW

hi ladies

thanks for the welcome.

BW - thanks for the comment on my baby names, yeah I love them, so sad I can't keep using Milana's name every day, feel like shouting at everyone some days and saying 'that is who she was'. Hugs, my aunty has terrible arthritis and I know how bad it can get.

Laney - sorry you are having to go through all this stress with Grayson, it's tough. My 8 year old has Aspergers, it took them ages to diagnose it. I am aan Occupational Therapist by trade, although not working at the moment, so I realised something was wrong when he was young. Oh no, your health as well. Poor you, thinking of you. 10 hours on a night, WOW, swap babies for a week

Michelle - Hi

afm - just got the all clear from the Cardiologist, YAY! He's just had a sleep study done on Monday last week as well, so awaiting the results on that. He was having apnea's from been prem, he had a major one when he had his immunisations and completely stopped breathing but seems to be OK at the mo.

take care all

oh hey.... I'm in here!

(I was too afraid to come in earlier)

Great to see you here, Audax.

There's a few of us lurking still.

BW

just subbing! back later to get aquainted

Audax! Lovely to hear from you again Now we need to get this thread pumping like back in the good old days when we were all pg. Excuse me while I go and round up some girls. Reet, Kellie, Dory, Ferrals, Mildez, oh oh, too many to list!!

-quick bit of background info:
    I have 2 children. The first one was lost to m/c in 2008, I named him/her Shelby. The second is a little boy named Axel, born 2 months ago. A living breathing example of awesomeness, IMO. Right now I'm settling into motherhood, and actually starting to enjoy it at last! We had a rough start, with a very traumatic birth, and from what I'm told I was in huge trouble and very nearly died. Personally though, I felt pretty ok (physically) considering how sick I was meant to be, but then again that could have been the drugs talking. Anyway, I'm trying my best not to let the rough start colour my experience as a mum. Most of all, I don't want it to affect Axel's upbringing in a negative way.

So that's enough rambling from me, Hi to everyone and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast