thread: What did you keep?

Nov 2009

What did you keep?

I am currently watching 'morning' and they were discussing what people kept from their pregnancy, newborn ect. Some examples were pregnancy tests, first dirty nappy and umbilical cord. So what, if anything, did you keep?

Personally I've kept positive preg tests, umbilical cords, last UNUSED nb nappies, hospital tags, cot tags and hair from their first haircut

Add Purple Penguin on Facebook

Apr 2009
    Eastern Melbourne, Vic

I kept the girls and my hospital admission bracelets and that's about it I think.

Mar 2006

I kept their hospital admission bracelets, cot tags from hospital, some hair from their first cut and I think that's about it

Jul 2007
    Rural NSW

Nothing except ultrsound and the 50,000,000 photos that we have taken.

The only reason I have the ultrasound is because it is on top of the fridge and I keep meaning to throw it out.

Im not sentimental in that way. I am however photograph made. I take photos of everything

Nov 2010
    Perth, WA

I have DD's hospital tags, the ID card from her cot in hospital and a couple of dried roses from the ones my partner brought and the ones my mum sent.

For DS I have his tags and the ID card from his cot, but no one brought me flowers this time as I get hayfever

You were RAK'ed in 2015.
    Add beansbeans! on Facebook

May 2008
    with the fairies and butterflies

Ive kept the hospital cards if they were given them, u/sounds, and a couple other random things. Too much just equals too much clutter in my book.

Add sepata on Facebook

Sep 2011
    Sydney

We have ds's hospy bracelets, my yellow card, the knitted beanie and booties he got from the hospital, and the super cute little arm thing they used to take his blood pressure.

I can't imagine keeps his first dirty nappy!!

Excuse my sucky spelling, I'm on my iPhone

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

With DD...

Pregnancy Test
    Every single ultrasound report (and there's lots of them!)
    A couple premmie nappies, smaller than Huggies Prem.
    All her hospital ID bracelets.
    Hospital Stickers (Womens, Children's, Bendigo SCN)
    A couple beanies she wore
    Her last NGT (feeding tube)
    Her first outfit from RCH that was handmade
    Her coming home outfit
    A couple different EBM bottles and RCH EBM labels.

There's a few other things, but I can't think.

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

Dirty nappies? WT...

I kept her hospital admission bracelet and cot tag, ultrasound stuff, and the blanket the hospital wrapped her in. That's about it. I don't collect anything body related... hair or teeth or umbilical cords or poo O.o.

Oct 2006
    Melbourne

Hospital admission bracelets and cot tags and I also still have ultrasound pics. I've also kept their coming home outfits as they were handmade by mum. No way I'd keep dirty nappies!

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

pregnancy card thing
    cot card from hospital
    first suit she wore
    going home outfit
    umbilical stump and clam
    preg test
    u/s pics and dvd's
    cards we were/she was given at birth/baptism/each birthday

we have two little boxes of "stuff" from when she was born that things get kept in. it doesn't create clutter or anything like that - and given i am something of a sentimental person and love most of the stuff mum kept for me - and wish she had kept other stuff too. she has my first set of glasses (i was 13 months old!) - but not stuff from when i was younger that i wish i had now... i'd rather keep too much and let her get rid of it if she doesn't want it, then to not have it and have her wish i did kwim?

Nov 2007
    Earth

After we got married, Professor's parents gave us a box of Professor's kiddie stuff. In there was a little box with a tissue in it.....and lovingly wrapped in the tissue was Professor's foreskin

Dec 2007
    Hork-Bajir Valley

KEEP EVERYTHING!!! *twitches*

hehe, I'm so sentimental....expect a list as soon as I have those things to keep =P

(already has the box to put it all in =P)

Jan 2012
    WA

.....and lovingly wrapped in the tissue was Professor's foreskin
    EEEEP!!!!

I have a box for each of the girls, hospital bands and card, cord clamp (but no cord) going home outfit for DD1, cord stump with the silk cord used to tie it, first NBsize cloth nappy (clean!) for DD2, i have curls from first hair cuts for both.. and little bits have been added to the boxes since.

Mar 2007
    Melbourne

Umbilical cord clip
    Name card from the bassinett they slept in at hospital
    My and kids wrist bands
    Coming home outfit
    Cards
    U/s pictures
    OB fees charged
    The record you made with each feed, dirty nappy at hospital.
    I also have alot of the information you get, immunisation and other paper information.

With each baby, I made sure the same photographer company came around the same day after birth in hospital, took virtually the same black and white photo and have them all framed exactly same.
    Also with each one, when I got home I had the hand a foot cast all done on around the same day after birth as well and framed with the birth information on it.

Jan 2011

After we got married, Professor's parents gave us a box of Professor's kiddie stuff. In there was a little box with a tissue in it.....and lovingly wrapped in the tissue was Professor's foreskin
    Oh WOW! Not sure if i'd be wanting to keep/see/have that!! haha. Did you guys keep it??

AFM: Not sure what i will keep yet. I can hoard things i find sentimental so i better get a set of drawers for all this stuff....

Jul 2006
    Melbourne

I am currently watching 'morning' and they were discussing what people kept from their pregnancy, newborn ect. Some examples were pregnancy tests, first dirty nappy and umbilical cord. So what, if anything, did you keep?

Personally I've kept positive preg tests, umbilical cords, last UNUSED nb nappies, hospital tags, cot tags and hair from their first haircut
    Everything you mentioned above except unused nappies - we didn't have any unused for some reason. I wouldn't be keeping first dirty nappy - yuck! I also kept the hospital craddle name plate (not sure if that is what you meant) that said DD personal details and her u/s pics

Jan 2008

I have kept her hospital tags, cot tag, birth announcement from the newspaper, newspaper from the day she was born, and curls from her first hair cut. Her placenta too. Still in the freezer with 'DO NOT COOK' written on the container. I will do something with it one day lol

Wow Keike, that's quite a welcome to the family isn't it?!